Old 02-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #11
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I have some 5yrs old... when I was going to learn to crochet... mom gave me some of her yarn and got me started on an afghan LOL... it had been a big black trash bag till this past summer.. and my afghan still looks like a very long scarf... :D

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #12
feministmama
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knitncook
I had some wool that my mom had given me over 10 years ago. I know this wool had to be way older than that because I remember my mom knitting my brother a sweater with it when he was my son's age (and he's 35 now!) Unfortunately it had gotten too dry and kept breaking so I reluctantly chunked it.
I wonder if you coulda saved it :thinking:

I have some lambs pride I bought in the early 90's. I have been making a sweater out if it since then. Been working on it a little bit at a time. By now though I'm sick of looking at it and I don't want to even finish it. :rollseyes: I have some fisherman's wool, same verse as the first, some acrylic that I got when I first moved to Portland in 1993 and stash of some yarn (says 100% wool) in a shoebox I got at an estate sale with the original sales reciet in it from 1964.
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #13
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Let's see. I have the half done baby blanket that I made while my mom was pregnant with my sister. She is now 17 1/2. Of course, I do not really consider that the same stash, as that was a crochet project. My "knitting stash" is only about three years old.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
WynnieG
Working the Gusset

Of the yarn I procured firsthand, my oldest skeins are acrylic, and about 15-18 years old. Tweedy acrylic in cream, black, and red. Who knows what I was thinking of when I bought them... but there's a ton of it and I'm still trying to use it up/give it away.

Of the second-hand procurements... while there are no labels, I'm fairly sure some of it is older than I am... so over 30. The second hand stuff ranges the field from acrylic to wool blend to cotton. Some of it is quite fine, but there's not enough of one type, let alone color, to make any useful lace article from it. I may just have to resort to crocheting some doilies with them.
WynnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:03 PM   #15
awos1244
Ribbing the Cuff

I've got yarn in my stash from every decade dating from the late 60's through the present! I'm always thinking I'll find uses for it. :D
awos1244 is offline   Reply With Quote