Old 02-14-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
candicane
Working the Gusset

Although I just started knitting last fall, my stash is already exceeding the time I have to knit. Currently I am using a very large picnic basket with hinged lid for the stash. Current project yarn (a sweater) is in one of those plastic zip pouches that sheets come in. I have to keep everything well closed as I have a very curious and destructive cat.

Candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #12
Jax3303
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Jax3303
My stash isn't very large. I store most of my yarn in one of those 18 gallon rubbermaid tubs (can't get the lid to close), and my wip's and yarn for them are kept in a rolling knitting tote bag that was a christmas gift from a friend.

My Blog

Jax3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #13
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I use these and I love them. I can see where things are and it is off the floor. You do have to keep them in closets with doors shut though, because there isn't anything to keep the dust off.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #14
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

I have more stash than the WM I work at does! about 90% of my stash was bought/obtained before learning how to knit. I have at least a dozen of the LARGE rubbermaid bins that are labelled with the type of yarn or thread in them. I have over a dozen of the smaller ones for my smaller balls of thread and for WIPs/UFOs. These all stack together {relatively} neatly, and having labels on them makes it easier when I'm looking for something in particular. I also have several large garbage bags of yarn... 2 have the pounders of RH Comfort I pick up at work, 2 more have a bunch of small balls of Eaton's sayelle I got at a garage sale 2 years ago. I also have 2 tubs with a hole in the top of the lid that I use for current projects by my computer, and a rolling drawer thingy with three drawers... bottom drawer has leftover yarn balled up, middle has sock yarn, top has my "finishing" tools.

I've got tons more elsewhere in the house, but I don't have enough bins for it all, and it's too cold to go into my yarn cryogenics testing lab/craft room right now and organize it better. It's actually our front porch {closed in}, but it's not insulated, so I spend about a month every spring "fixing" the damage I did over the winter with quick dash and dumps!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #15
Celine
Turning the Heel

My stash locations
I keep mine in wicker baskets...plus some are in cardboard boxes and some just out in the open because I like seeing them. I too need to organize much better!!

I'll be getting a craft/sewing room soon and I plan to store mine in a new bookcase and then I'll be able to SEE them all by color. Thats my plan anyway. :XX:
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #16
Pensguys
Knitting the Flap

I ended up using one of the wire basket systems that I already owned to store the yarn. I got rid of some fabric that I had and moved it out of the closet!!! It works great!!!!

Thanks, all, for the ideas!

http://classicalknittingcorner.blogspot.com/

When I get a little money, I buy books, and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." --Erasmus
Pensguys is offline   Reply With Quote