Old 02-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #41
quirky
Knitting the Flap

Second quiz makes me an adventrous granny

Does that mean I will get to knit in Europe when I retire? :thinking:

"Never EVER give up."
quirky is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:23 AM   #42
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Quote:
You appear to be a Knitting Goddess.
You are constantly giving and are unconcerned with reward, you simply want others to love knitting as much as you do. If someone wants to knit miles of novelty yarns, you are there for them. If someone wants to learn short row shaping, you can help. There are no taboos in knitting, only opportunities to grow. Everyone should have friend like you around if they want to learn to knit, and there's a good chance that your passion has rubbed off on a few others.
This definitely sounds like me except for the teaching part... although I did help teach my best friend how to purl continental over our web cams! I've taught a LOT in crochet, so that's okay!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #43
knitncook
Working the Gusset

Here's the link to the om t-shirt. However, there are days when this t-shirt: offensive t-shirt
is much more how I am feeling. (May be offensive to some - contains the F-word) There are a ton of great knitting logos (for t-shirts, hats, bumperstickers, tote bags, etc.) at cafe press. Just do a search for knitting and you will get 64 pages of them!

knitncook there, too!

OTN: Laughing Carrots; Jaywaler
FO: Potamus socks; Palindrome
knitncook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #44
Amber
Working the Gusset

Quote:
You appear to be a Knitting Adventurer.
You are through those knitting growing pains and feeling more adventurous. You can follow a standard pattern if it's not too complicated and know where to go to get help. Maybe you've started to experiment with different fibers and you might be eyeing a book with a cool technique you've never tried. Perhaps you prefer to stick to other people's patterns but you are trying to challenge yourself more. Regardless of your preference, you are continually trying to grow as a knitter, and as well you should since your non-knitting friends are probably dropping some serious hints, these days.

Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #45
Angelia

Originally Posted by knitncook
Here's the link to the om t-shirt. However, there are days when this t-shirt: offensive t-shirt
is much more how I am feeling.
Oh, thanks for the links! I love them both!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #46
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knitncook
is much more how I am feeling.
I think they're both way too cool... the first link is the result of me doing the second link!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #47
bookkid
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm an adventurous granny... at the age of 13! Wow! my life really flew by. Must have been all those knitting adventures.
bookkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #48
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

im a granny! how rude!
knittingymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #49
knittintexas
Ribbing the Cuff

ah yes, I am the young knitter....i just like the picture that I got with mine. A peaceful young lady knitting on the bridge by the stream...where's the crying baby and the six year old who wants to "help" with the yarn?
knittintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 PM   #50
Ilove2knit
Ribbing the Cuff

It says I'm a "masterful knitter". Hmmm...don't know how that works out...I'm just learning! I've only made four socks, only two of which actually matched each other! I just finished a sweater, and I'm designing a skirt as I go...but I still consider myself a beginner.
In the planning stages: tank tops for my dds, and another lacy one for me, sandals for my baby dd, skirt with a lace border

I'm "momto3girls" on Ravelry.
Ilove2knit is offline   Reply With Quote