Old 02-16-2006, 02:13 AM   #41
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Kim --

What a touching and overwhelming response you've had!! You are doing a good thing.

I'd be happy to contribute, too. I'll go through my stash tomorrow & see what I can put together.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #42
margie
Instepping Out

I knit this hat yesterday- I found the pattern at Bev's Country Cottage. Here is the link:

http://heavenlyangelsinneed.com/patt...emieribhat.pdf

The hat is on a clementine in the picture, to give you an idea of size.

This project is so meaningful- and so EASY to participate in- I used yarn that I had leftover from another project- it took such a little bit of yarn. I'd never have used it for something else- it took me an hour to make the hat, and to think that something that took so little on my end could be so incredibly meaningful to someone else on the other end is enough to keep me knitting more!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	tiny_hat_704.jpg
Views:	2444
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	25008  
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #43
kimmie
Turning the Heel

Yay DotMom!! Thanks for joining in and thanks for the compliment. You set a great example of doing good things!

Margie!! That hat is so precious and YES you are right, it will mean so much. I have this visual image of everybody knitting up their love and sending it winging on its way to the people who need it so greatly. Thank you so much for posting the picture and the link to the pattern!

kimmie
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #44
MaryB
Turning the Heel

Kimmie,
Count me in. I imagine we have all been touched by premmie births in one way or another. We cannot take away the grief the parents feel, but we can let them know that some one cares.
Just tell us where and when to send these items.
Thank you for providing this opportunity!

Mary
MaryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #45
kimmie
Turning the Heel

Mary -I just sent you a private message with my address in it, but I'll recap the other details for everyone's benefit.

If everyone's special creations could be at my house by April 4, that would be ideal because that's the day that I'll draw the names for the Noro Kureyon and the Manos del Uruguay. I then will deliver everything to the hospital later that week.

Thank you so much everyone!!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #46
Jeremy
Mod Squad

I'm in. I'll do my best. Just let me know where to send them.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #47
kimmie
Turning the Heel

Yay! Thanks Jeremy for joining in!! I'll pm you my address.

kimmie
Old 02-16-2006, 03:29 PM   #48
Yvonne
Turning the Heel

I can't find it now, but I read somewhere recently that with knitting ministries like this, whether it be a prayer shawl, afghan for a sick friend, lap afghan for nursing home residents, or premie/stillbirth knitwear, that you can knit one short strand of your own hair into the knitted item (invisibly) as a sort of symbol that a part of you went into this. It seems fitting for this project as well.

Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #49
kimmie
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Yvonne
I can't find it now, but I read somewhere recently that with knitting ministries like this, whether it be a prayer shawl, afghan for a sick friend, lap afghan for nursing home residents, or premie/stillbirth knitwear, that you can knit one short strand of your own hair into the knitted item (invisibly) as a sort of symbol that a part of you went into this. It seems fitting for this project as well.
That's a neat idea, Yvonne. I do that all the time by accident, but it's much nicer the way you said it!

kimmie
Old 02-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #50
kimmie
Turning the Heel

Hi everybody!

I finished a baby pouch this morning. It is laying on top of a full-size baby blanket which still needs ends tied in. The pink blanket was something I had started quite awhile ago, certainly not with this project in mind. The pink might be too bright for this purpose, so I'm still thinking about that.

kimmie
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	baby_pouch.jpg
Views:	1445
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	25028