Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
brella
Casting On

making patterns
Hello. I have a picture of something and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard it would be to make a pattern for?
Or does anyone know of a similar pattern?
Thanks

brella is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
heidi jean
Ribbing the Cuff

O.k. I'll take a stab at it and hope I don't embarrass myself in the process. It looks like it is two seperate knitted peices knitted on two needles vs. dbl pointed, sewn/knitted together at the crown (because I see a ridge on the crown. Then I saw what looks to be a fold or tuck in the ear area.) I think creating your own pattern would be do-able. It looks like it is wider on the bottom, then decreases above the ears toward the top/crown. The area with the contrasting color could be anything you choose, even a different stitch pattern in the same color would look nice. Do a gauge swatch using the yarn/fiber you want to use. Measure the head and plan the rows and number of stitches to decrease. You have me intrigued.
heidi jean is offline   Reply With Quote