Old 02-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
fancy_polar01
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to fancy_polar01 Send a message via MSN to fancy_polar01 Send a message via Yahoo to fancy_polar01
gap problem! please help
I am working on the baby gnome pattern (http://www.seasonsoriginals.biz/knit-baby-gnome.html). After knitting the legs seperate, the pattern says to knit both legs together. But, everytime I try, I always get a gap between the two legs? Can someone help me sort out this problem?
fancy_polar01 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
wildforyarn
Turning the Heel

Can I just say that I was browsing the posts and I originally read it "GAS problem! Please help" I guess I need to go to bed. I can't read any more. At least I got a giggle.... I realized as I read the whole post that it indeed was a GAP problem.

wildforyarn on Ravelry

wildforyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
heidi jean
Ribbing the Cuff

I looked at the pattern and it has a gap between the legs. Do you mean a gap between the first knitted 10 stitches and the second 10 stitches? After the 2nd piece is completed and you cut the working yarn and knit the two pieces together,from the skein, one whole piece should be the end result. I tested it, followed the instructions and it is actually on the second row the gap closes up well. Hope this helps. Now I have two little gnome legs, what shoould I do with them? Knit them little socks ?
heidi jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
After you cut off the first leg, did you tighten the yarn on that stitch? I found that there was a gap too, but after tightening the yarn, there was no gap.

And also, the gap will disappear when you stitch up the legs..
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote