Old 02-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
Jazzmatazz
1st Leg of the Journey

So cool! One of my second grade students wants to knit!!!!
Today as I was grading papers and letting my class "play" with puzzles, computer games, and math manipulatives since it is Friday....

The toughest, most freckle-faced little boy in my class came up to me and told me that he is going to learn to knit. He said, "Last night I got the knot on the needle". Whatever that means. I asked him if his mom knows how to knit, and he said "kind of". He got some book called Funky Knitting, and I told him he could bring the book and kit to me and I'd show him how to knit. Isn't that the funniest thing?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
That is so cool! Maybe by "knot" he means the slip knot that some people start with?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
fancy_polar01
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to fancy_polar01 Send a message via MSN to fancy_polar01 Send a message via Yahoo to fancy_polar01
That is so awesome!! I wish that I had learned to knit when I was younger, I just started knitted last summer and that's because one of my friends from school had brought her knitting over to my house and then got me hooked.. :XX: Now, I can never stop knitting!
fancy_polar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #4
alicia
Ribbing the Cuff

That is so cool!
I wish I had learned how to knit when I was little... Although, I do have a vague memory of a very messy and long chain of crochet that I made in the back of my gmas car on the way to somewhere...
What a gift!
alicia is offline   Reply With Quote