Old 02-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
mrosen
Ribbing the Cuff

"reverse shapings" ??
Hi all,
I am working on a shrug pattern with a "left front" and right front" side. (pattern here:
http://www.laughinghens.com/knitting...ernpageid=1116 )

After finishing the left front side, the right front side gives minimal direction and says to finish to match front, reversing shapings.

The decreases for the left front utilized a "K2tog", a "P2tog" (both for the armhole shapings) and for the darting, a "K2togtbl". The armhole shapings slant toward the armhole (but they are not overly noticeable). The darting shaping shows a noticeable yarn slant toward the center of the garment.

To "reverse" these shapings, do I need to use different types of decreases, so that the slanting of the stitches is correct? I have checked out the decrease st. info on KH and am not sure.

melissa
mrosen is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Usually when a pattern just says to reverse shaping, they want you to shape the second side the way you did the first, making sure that your armhole side and neck edge are reversed. If you did all your decreases on the right side for one, you might do them on the wrong side for the other.
I've never seen a pattern say to reverse shapings and expect you to change the type of decreases you did to match the other side.

Since the k2tog tbl is noticeable, you might want to experiment with a p 2 tog or p2tog tbl to see which will match to your liking. Thinking about it, I believe p2tog will be the same as k2tog tbl.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
mrosen
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks for your reply! Some of the decreases are on both K and P sides, so I am thinking as long as I keep them on the correct part of the garment perhaps I should be ok.
mrosen is offline   Reply With Quote