Old 02-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #11
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

I only have 2 projects going right now. My Dedbbie Bliss sweater and a small blanket for the Compassionate KAL. The list of other potential projects is long, long long....

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
Lisa1216 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #12
javede
Knitting the Flap

Well, let's see...
...currently on the needle and working on it: 3
...currently on the needle and not working on it: 2 or 3
...not really on needles anymore, but not really finished either: 2
...sad Ufo's that actually just wait to be frogged(or thrown away): 10+

Wow, that's madness I never realized I have that many projects that wait for completion, not to mention the Ufo's! I'm trying to ignore the last ones as much as I can. They are in a big bag savely stored out of sight
I'm mostly have atleast two projects on the needles and I mostly stick to finish them....mostly...
I think I had the most active projects before christmas-about 5 or 6.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #13
KNITBIT
1st Leg of the Journey

Hmm.. :thinking: Most projects at once? Back when I first started knitting I think 3. But stayed at only having 2 at once for a long time. Now the last 6 months sticking to 1 only.

It's just cuz I don't like thinking I have others on hold,...then I seem to get nothing done cuz I will work on one more than the other..and it seems it takes forever to complete stuff. It makes me nuts! So 1 at a time makes me feel like I'm completing things. Which is very satisfying. LOL! Plus I don't have time to work on any more than 1 neway. With my surfing the net (addiction #2), homework w/ the kids, housework, etc. :rollseyes:

So there u have it. LOL Lately I've had sock addiction. There so portable, and fun to do. Simple.

KNITBIT :XX:

OTN: Socks (only) LOL!
Swatch+ KIP++ Blog SNB++ EZ?>+ FO 24 WIP 1 Gauge W+ B+ Al-
KNITBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #14
samm
Turning the Heel

I'm currently knitting at different times of the day, and in different rooms of the house and in waiting rooms or the car, the second sock, a big bag to be felted and used to carry around knitting, a baby sweater, and my grandson's sweater for his birthday. Hmmmm it doesn't seem so bad as I thought! Of course there are also unfinished quilting projects too... and some sewing I need to get at.... arghhhh. Now it's beginning to look unmanageable! samm
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #15
njknitter
Knitting the Flap

I can't knit something new until I finish what I'm working on, so my answer is ONE! 'Tis a curse and a blessing to be such an AN*L personality.

One time I started a new project before I stitched up part of my prior project (I just didn't feel like blocking and seaming) and it totally stressed me out! I couldn't enjoy the new project knowing the last one wasn't 100% done. Sick, I know...
5 baby blankets; 2 afghans; 1 large afghan for large brother-in-law; 4 scarves; 4 toddler sweaters; 6 simple teddy bears; This teddy bear and 4 others from the book; 1 monkey; 1 tank top/cardigan set; 1 cape; 1 shrug; 1 pair mittens; 2 pairs socks; 2 pairs felted clogs; 1 hat; lace edged tank, Vitadini Lace Yoked Top

Currently working on: scarf for sis
njknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #16
samm
Turning the Heel

Yikes! ! I forgot about the other baby sweater that is hanging on the chair in the kitchen in a bag. So how many is that? The front of Will's sweater is done and I'm almost half way up the back. I'm gainin' on it! samm
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:07 AM   #17
sfavereau
Knitting the Flap

I would have TONS of projects going at once, but DH says I must keep things under control. :rofling: He doesn't like to find projects all over the house.

So, I only have one knitting project going at a time. But quilting... umm.... that's a different story. I have lots of those projects going.

My blog
sfavereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #18
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

My best estimates tell me that the most active projects {I knit as well as crochet} I've had going {where I've worked on them at least once a week} is around 6 or 7... possibly a few more. I can't count as high as how many UFOs I have {note UFO project in sig line!}. Generally I have 2 or 3 easy-to-grab, relatively brainless projects that I take with me everywhere, and often 1 or 2 on the go at home that need more concentration. So that makes my average about 4 at any one time. Right now I really only have 2 on the go, but that's because I'm still in KO recovery mode!

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #19
feministmama
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by njknitter
I can't knit something new until I finish what I'm working on, so my answer is ONE!
Hmmm, what language is this? I believe Ii've never hear words like that before. Must be from another planet or something. just kidding I always have to have something going and I always have to have something to bring along with me. I can't leave the house without some kinds of knitting. yeah I'm a weirdo from *that* planet. :rollseyes:
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote