Old 02-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
Celine
Turning the Heel

Have you done Entrelac??
I was wondering if any of you have done anything in the Entrelac design?

My local yarn shop is offering classes on Wednesday nights all month in March. She has chosen a pretty bag that we will knit in Entrelac then felt it. To be honest....I think the one I saw her making was too pretty to felt!! So I have signed up for the class but not sure I'll felt mine when its done. I've never done this design before and I think it looks interesting.

Anyone have any "experiece" with this?? Thanks! :XX:
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-26-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Scroll down on this page for the most beautiful entrelac I've ever seen!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
horve1
Turning the Heel

Entralac is one of my all-time favorite patterns. It takes some thinking to figure out, but then it just flows. I love it. I've never felted it, but it could be nice. Have fun!
And Ingrid - that is a beautiful example.
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I wanna try this too I have a pattern from my LYS that you felt when complete wonder if its the same bag? I hope to do this soon.. my LYS isn't offering a class but was told maybe this summer so gonna try it alone although reading the instructions it sounds confusing maybe once you start though you see where its going..

ohh love the example That is so pretty!!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
I tried entrelac and gave up. It was because of doing color changes, and noticeing how many ends I would have to weave in

I hope to start it again using a single color. It's something nice to learn though.
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
TamaraKnits
Ribbing the Cuff

Entrelac is easy and very addictive! Try doing it with a self-striping yarn like Kureyon and the color changes are done for you.
TamaraKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #7
Angelia

I think entrelac is just gorgeous, and I'd love to have an entrelac tote. Problem is, I can't get my head around entrelac. I've tried it several times and end up with a wonky mess. I just need to see someone do it once; then I'm sure the pattern directions will all make sense!

Tom's entrelac afghan is gorgeous!!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
Celine
Turning the Heel

I hope!
I hope I can do this even with the classes. lol I have tried to read thru some directions on it and I can't get it either. But seems when I SEE someone do it then it "clicks" in my brain and I eventually get it....I hope so with this.
:XX:
That example is very pretty!! I am excited about it. I'll post on Wed. night and let you all know how it went.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #9
Allegra's Dad
Ribbing the Cuff

:XY: :XY: :XY:

My entrelac was great to do. I started it at my daughters house mid January, and just finished it two days ago. I used the Lady Eleanor Enrelac from "scarfSTYLE". I used "Foilage" which has great color work, as I was not interested in having to weave in ends as well. It is b abit thicker than what the pattern required, and I also used larger needles, so it is more like a throw.
I have been knitting for 45 years and it is one of my forms of meditation. I just wanted to try the entrelac for something new, and am planning a scarf in the future.
I am including a photo that is on my blog.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0646_162.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	25373  
Allegra's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:22 AM   #10
Celine
Turning the Heel

Scarf style
I also have the "Scarf Style" book and I just love it!! I have on order all the yarns I need to make that pretty crochet scarf thats in there called Turkish Treasure. It looks like tapesty. But I don't plan to make mine 65 inches long like they did in the book!! :XX: :XX: