Old 03-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
mintdee
Working the Gusset

Back from the Spin in
I had so much fun! The ladies had some beautiful wheels (I so want one now but will be patient so that I can learn on the spindle and let my kids get a little older) One woman sat with me and showed me how to use the spindle and talked me through it. She then let me go to it and she spun with her spindle. They had cotton that a local farmer had really good luck growing this year that a couple of them were busy spinning. So I got to see one that was picked from the plant take it off of the pod and mess with it. That stuff was so soft! They also showed me how to ply so I have my very first yarn Another woman gave me a cd spindle and 14 oz of different types of wool. I will post pictures tomorrow Need to do some rechargeable batteries buying Anyway I also found out that the woman who raises llama and chickens not to far outside Omaha that sells her eggs Nothing like farm fresh eggs
Off to play with my spinning! :D

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
schrodinger
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to schrodinger Send a message via Yahoo to schrodinger
Sounds like you had a great trip mintdee, what generous people you met there, can't wait to see some pics of your first yarn!
schrodinger is offline   Reply With Quote