Old 03-01-2006, 01:31 AM   #11
Bella
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Bella Send a message via Yahoo to Bella
hm
I usually sit and watch t.v. and knit. Oooorrrrr when i am waiting for a class to start i knit. I take breaks often cause my hands start to get tired (since i am working with size 2 needles right now) I like to finish my projects cause i have knitters A.D.D and end up frogging some projects because i have looked at it so long i decide it isn't good enough. I even thoought of cheating and just buying a knitters machine..but that will suck all of the fun out. So i will never give up.....once..slow...stitch...at a time. Atleast i have gotten to a point where i do not have to look at the work while i am doing it. I jjust thought to myself...if i wanted to knit a sweater i will have to think of where my breasts are going to be hanging 40 years from now.

Bells :thinking:
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #12
quirky
Knitting the Flap

Hey there dont dispair! I am slow too.

As said previously practice is the key.

But seriously consider 2 things - Are your needles right for the yarn? Some yarns are just darn sticky and you end up fighting the yarn over the needles.
Also - do a check and make sure you are not twisting your stitches. Its a really common mistake and very easy to do. Twisted stitches are a *itch to work and will really slow you down.

For me these two things were really a hinderance. Once I bought GOOD needles and learned how to not twist my stitches my knitting got a lot faster! It still takes me days to knit one sock but Im not crying about the work now

"Never EVER give up."
quirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
jsauer
Ribbing the Cuff

Don't you all find it interesting how we all place these conditions on ourselves.... every time I get crazy about judging my knitting efforts I have to remind myself that I'm supposed to be doing this for my own benefit. no one is grading me ...and if they do, well then, they just won't be the recipient of my efforts!
Sure, I want to do my best, but I also have to realize that the benefit is the process, and the end result is a perk of the process. The projects that I have finished have all been appreciated by the recipients and none of them point out the mistakes I know are present - 'cause they don't see them!
I think it's just like that saying "Happiness is found on the journey, not the destination" (or something like that).
jsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #14
Bella
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Bella Send a message via Yahoo to Bella
Yeah, today i have had surgeof new life in knitting. i guess i have moments of slow and fast. watching a Marathon...so..it is helping.
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote