Old 03-01-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Not for those faint of heart
Even though the fear of being cast aside and run out of KH with torches is intense, I just had to come out with it. I think *gulp* I lost my desire knit! I don't know why, I just have. I feverishly worked two days straight to get that dog sweater done and now I just don't have the energy or interest to pick my needles back up and start again. Maybe I just need a break, pray that's all it is! Gasp! And my stitch and bitch group is tomorrow night. Maybe they won't notice if I casually set down a project and finish the night with coffee and conversation. I'll be the laughing stock of the group if anyone finds out my deep, dark secret.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-01-2006, 02:16 AM   #2
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Ok, 18 views and no comments. I'm being shunned, black listed. My days at KH are numbered.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #3
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,136 Times in 707 Posts
Funny you should bring this up,after trying to learn to knit two socks on two circulars I feel the same way.You're probably just burnt out like you said.I'm taking a day off from knitting.You went for 2 days straight? No wonder you're burnt out. 48 hour of knitting would do that to anyone Hang in there and after your stitch and bitch you'll probably run to your nearest yarn store :D You probably just have knitters block Hope this helps

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
jelly
1st Leg of the Journey

dead.

to.

us.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,806 Times in 7,165 Posts
Originally Posted by JessicaR
Ok, 18 views and no comments. I'm being shunned, black listed. My days at KH are numbered.
Don't be silly!

I don't think it matters what your hobby, there are times when you just need a break. So take one, but come in here and see what people are knitting and read some posts. Before long you'll find you just have to give something a try and you'll be back to knittin'!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
countingsheep
Working the Gusset

Quote:
Even though the fear of being cast aside and run out of KH with torches is intense, I just had to come out with it.
Oh, Jessica, I just had a "Young Frankenstein" flash!

Now, do not be silly! I cannot speak for anyone else but... I have done this before. I worked forever on a stunning throw for a college graduation gift for a very dear friend. I had known this child since she was 12 yrs old and her going to college was huge - never mind graduating with honors! I was so proud of that work and waited anxiously for some response and.... nothing. For MONTHS I heard nothing. At that point, I put away my needles and packed all of my yarn stash into my cedar chest. I was hurt and angry and feeling like, "why bother". It took a while but one day... I was ready to knit again.

It's OK to take a break! Plus... let's be honest here, burning torches and knitting do not go together! Do you honestly think anyone here would risk their WIP? Now pitchforks are a different story but I wouldn't worry too much about the torches!

Just relax! Angela
countingsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #7
blueeyes28
Turning the Heel

I have felt that same way very recently but now I am going crazy again with two wip's and more yarn on the way for socks now my dillema is I just bought The Knitters Bible and I can't wait to try every thing!!
blueeyes28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 AM   #8
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
Being a newbie knitter, I cannot possibly understand how you feel. I have a ton of projects lined up, and I practically drool as I look at everything everyone has done here. The thought has crossed my mind, however, that some day I might not knit EVERY day. Maybe I'll cross stitch something or maybe I'll try something new or maybe, just maybe, I will not do anything at all. (gasp) Just about a week ago, I went 5 whole days without knitting. I was trying DPN (with only 2 stitches on each needle and using 5 needles) for the first time. I got frustrated and just could not bring myself to try again. Five days later I picked up my knitting and everything worked out really well! I'm way past the 5 DPN crisis now!

Anyway, I hope you work through your funk, no matter what the outcome.
Ronda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #9
Celine
Turning the Heel

Me too
That has happned to me too! I was knitting pairs of socks one right after the other :XX: :XX: :XX: then I was DONE with knitting :rollseyes: for two whole days!! Now I'm right back into it again. I think a "break" is needed at times. Your normal!!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
Angelia

Originally Posted by jelly
dead.

to.

us.

Seriously, it's happened to me, too. And I agree with the others: it sounds like you just need a break, that's all.

Go to your SnB group, of course, and who knows--you may get inspired! If not, that's okay, too. The yearning will return!