Old 03-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #11
TwoLeftNeedles
1st Leg of the Journey

Acts of charity are definitely Lenten. On Easter I will estimate what I would have spent and donate it to a worthy cause.

I always try to give up something internal as well as something external, like giving up mental grumbling about DH, or giving up being critical of a co-worker.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #12
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Well, I'm not the master of my domain... i actually stopped at my LYS on the way home from work tonight! I am going to give up pop and my addictive habit snacking on pretzels for Lent. Internally, I want to elminate bad thoughts towards others.

What irks me about what some think Lent is about, is when I get "aren't you supposed to eat fish on Ash Wednesday and Fridays during Lent?" No, you should abstain from meat, and fast. For those that are healthy enough, you should only have one meal on a fasting day. for the young, old, and those of a less healthy state, elminate meat, but don't have to fast if it keeps you from getting the nutrition you need. You can go to Red Lobster and gorge yourself silly and no lesson has been learned. i'm a lapse Catholic, but i figure if i do my best to treat my fellow humans and animals kindly and admit my failings day to day and not only just be good on Sunday's, i'm just that much further ahead.