Old 03-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #21
Cristy
Instepping Out

YOU GUYS!!! Stop posting all of the wonderful doggie pics... Plug your ears if you're tried of hearing this story....

When hubby and I married (4 months ago) he said the only prenups he had was to say that if I dressed the dog...he was leaving. He says dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes but what the H E double hockey sticks does he know anyway??!?!?

I'm knitting a sweater for the dog...I haven't started one yet but I will....and dh'll love it whether he wants to or not...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...(that's supposed to be sinister laughter...)

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #22
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Maggie is a pomeranian. She weighs about 10 lbs....the same as Pepper. She just has longer legs...the same difference in height between DH and myself...he's 6'2", I'm 4"11".

Not all poms are teacup size. They are in the spitz family, some of whom can weigh around 50 lbs. They also have chow in them. That must explain Maggies independent, stubborn nature.

I takes about 3 years for pomeranians to get their full coat. Maggie is only about 2 years old. We got her from a local shelter when she was 1 year old.
Attached Images:

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #23
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by bjc1050
Here;s Maggie in the sweater I intended for Pepper. However, she was jealous. So SHE ended up with the sweater.
Lol. That is too funny!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #24
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Maggie is a pomeranian. She weighs about 10 lbs....the same as Pepper. She just has longer legs...the same difference in height between DH and myself...he's 6'2", I'm 4"11".

Not all poms are teacup size. They are in the spitz family, some of whom can weigh around 50 lbs. They also have chow in them. That must explain Maggies independent, stubborn nature.

I takes about 3 years for pomeranians to get their full coat. Maggie is only about 2 years old. We got her from a local shelter when she was 1 year old.
She is cute! Love the sweater!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #25
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Cristy
YOU GUYS!!! Stop posting all of the wonderful doggie pics... Plug your ears if you're tried of hearing this story....

When hubby and I married (4 months ago) he said the only prenups he had was to say that if I dressed the dog...he was leaving. He says dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes but what the H E double hockey sticks does he know anyway??!?!?

I'm knitting a sweater for the dog...I haven't started one yet but I will....and dh'll love it whether he wants to or not...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...(that's supposed to be sinister laughter...)
I don't even have my own dog, but at least I have my brothers. Lol. My bf is the same as your husband. I told him that dogs get cold too, and the sweater keeps them warm. He said dogs don't get cold. My bf is crazy. :rollseyes:
Old 03-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #26
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Re: Doggie sweaters.
Originally Posted by knit-a-holic
Hi Beverly! As you can see I made a topic for dogs, especially for Yorkies! Tehehe. :D
Shucks! You shouldn't have. Once you get me talking about my dogs, I can't shut up. Big or small, I them all.
LOL. Yea me too. Big or small, I love them all!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #27
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

More of Buster.
Yay! More Buster pix! He needs a sweater though!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	whatsoverthere.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	25522  Click image for larger version

Name:	yesilovemetoo.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	25523  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #28
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Magie's newest sweater. I DO think she may become a clothes horse,
Maggie is VERY fashionable I must say!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #29
Friskums

Truly sorry about the loss of your chihuahua baby. It seems that no one is safe from vicious dogs whether in rural areas or urban. We have a few pit bulls in our neighborhood that concern me. Fortunately, they aren't next door, but still make me nervous to walk my dogs past them.
Just wanted to make a note that while yes, pits, by human creation, have the tendancy to be dog agressive, it's really the owners that are responsible. My bf and I just recently got a pit puppy and are working diligently on getting him socialized and properly trained.
If the dogs owner doesn't take proper care, and pits need more care around other dogs than most dogs, it's not the dogs fault.
Not to hijack the thread, it just hate seeing animals getting blamed and punished for people's shortcomings.
If you treat any dog the way pit bulls have been treated for so many generations, that dog(or breed) would be the same way. The only time animals ever fail is because their people have failed.
There are many other breeds that have a tendancy to start fights...pits just don't back down from one (again, because of the way people have bred and trained them.)

To get back on topic, I'm so god-awful sorry to hear about Chloe, butterflymama. I had a similar experience with my first pom, Chien. My horse kicked and killed him while my back was turned for 2 seconds, not 10 feet from me. I heard the thump of the kick and held him as he died. It was really traumatic. *hugs*
Finally, after almost 6 years I can talk about it without sobbing. Although I do still take some time on Sept 25th at about 2:00pm to cry for him if I still need to. That's the day and time he died, so I always portion it out for him.
I still miss him fiercely. :crying:

And to the rest : cute doggies!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #30
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Dog webpages?
Originally Posted by JessicaR
I still have my sweater up for grabs!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ic.php?t=10030
That's a cute webpage of your dog, Jessica..I didn't know they even had a webpage for dogs! I should make one now.