Old 03-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #31
AmandaC
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to AmandaC
Originally Posted by glomper
I've kinda got into the habit of calling small children "sausage" - sometimes they laugh, sometimes they growl me off.
That's funny - that's what I call my youngest! 'Hey sausage ....'

My dad always used to call me 'feet' don't know why cos I haven't got particularly large ones.

My friend calls me Panda and I have also in the past been called 'Curly' ... I have the straightest hair possible!
Askew - Rowan Summer Tweed - Rush - well... off the needles but needs to be blocked and seamed
Monkey socks - Lisa Souza - Mars Quake

LAST FINISHED:
Anthropologie inspired capelet - mmmmMalabrigo chunky - hummingbird
Simple Knitted Bodice - Glampyre - KP Andrean Silk - Olive
Rowan - Hero Jumper - Rowan Denim
MY MASTER'S SOCK 2 - Lisa Souza - Lime & Violet

I'm toftie
AmandaC is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #32
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Pixywhispers
My daughters all have blonde hair so I call them Blondie, Chic, Gorgeous. And my son Handsome. We call the baby in the house Babycakes.

A friend called me "Momma Candace" to her children. And I've adopted that with other children who I babysit etc.

I was looking for my mom one day in the house and I called out "Mother!" real loud and my 18 month old daughter mimiced me saying "Munner" heh, so instead of Grandma, all the gkids call her Munner. And my dad is Grampsy.

We also add flourishes to names, we add "bob" to the end of any name.

When I was a kid they called me Candy.

Hmm, dh, I just call him the general sweetie, etc. How boring am I?

There is a time to be born and a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry, but there never seems to be enough time to knit.-Anon. (or to visit KH!)

Come visit my blog.
Pixywhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #33
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
This is fun!

Names for me and DH (Cheryl and Jim): schmoopee (ala Seinfeld). sweetie, honey, booboo, sugarpants, lovebug, bobo, funnyhosen, loverlips etc. We are really sick like this. I don't think we ever call each other by our real names.

My names for the pets (Bodhi, Loki, Rocky, Chinni): Bodhipie, Lokibug, Lokipie, schmoopee-pie, cuddlebug, fat Rocky, chini-weenie, moviestar (loki, because he is sooooooooo gorgeous), puppies, puppypie. wuwus
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #34
AnreeAce
Grafting the Toe

Now lemme see...

Any child younger than three is automatically Babykins. They all answer to it, swear.

When my brother Jason was small, our Grandad started calling him Bart. Even though he's 42 now, our Mom can still stop him in his tracks if she says it in just that perfect "Mom Voice."

Our dad was "Dude" for several years.

Somehow, Mom's always been Mom. I alternate between her title and calling her Laura. Guess it depends on whether I need a mother or a friend at the time.

I call DH Sweetface (not in public) or Scoot (for scooter, since he rides a Harley).

My nickname was Andy until my first day of kindergarden. There was this mean boy named Andy, and I refused to answer to it after that. When I was young, my doctor called me Toad. Everybody used it for a few years, then they all stopped. I kinda miss it.

DH calls me Ace cause I got A's in college.

The one thats most common came from a 5-year old who couldn't wrap his mouth around Andrea, so he called me Anree. That's who I am to family and close friends.

I believe in a life of Virtuous Sloth, but it sounds so much better in Latin: otium cum dignitate, leisure with dignity.
AnreeAce is offline   Reply With Quote