Old 03-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #21
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Another vote here for the Kodak Easy Share. My first digital camera was a Sony Mavica (like Louine), and I loved it for the ease of use. I was very technologically challenged (still am!), but wanting to post pictures on eBay ads. The ease of the floppy disc was the perfect solution for that need, and someone like me, but for taking family pictures and vacation pictures, it simply didn't have enough mp's.

I still do use my Mavica when I'm in a hurry to get a picture on an eBay ad, but for everything else, I use the EasyShare. It actually belongs to my ds, but we share it. I bought my own 512 memory card for it, so he and I can keep our pictures separate. I probably have the same version of Easy Share as knitwit2, as mine also has the 10x optical zoom. I LOVE that feature. When looking at zooms available, don't pay attention to the digital zoom. It's the optical that really matters.

Like Jan, I also recommend the card reader, to save on battery power when downloading the pics into your computer. It's a great little gadget to have, and pretty inexpensive to purchase. I have not, however, bought rechargeables. Sounds like I need to do so!
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #22
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

I also put in a vote for the Kodak cameras. Maybe because my dad works for Kodak and I'd like for him to keep his job!

But really, I have the Z7590 carmera and I just LOVE it. I wanted a camera with a great zoom on it and my dad taught me that 5.0 megapixle would be enough because the pictures can be blown up to 8x10 beautifully and I don't want to go up much larger than that.

I did buy a 512 MB card to go with it (and filled it up TWICE on my honey moon - 1500 pictures total!). It comes with a rechargable battery and wall charger and I purchased an additional battery because I'm nuts. They do also sell the docks for this camera...but I don't have one. I've been able to hang onto the USB cable and my husband's computer has a card reader built in for those times I'm too lazy to get the cable!

What I do like about the camera is the zoom and the "scenes" available. Mostly I use the scene set on auto but there are scene settings for night time, close ups, action, bright beach and snow scenes among many others. You can also make take short videos with sound! The zoom is great - but I do suggest if you are going to use the zoom extended all the way that you either have a tripod or a solid surface. Below are picures that show the zoom - taken in Sedona AZ. The pictures were taken standing in the same spot.

Some day I'd love and SLR and to learn more about lighting, apature (spelling) and all that other good stuff, but for now the camera and the "scenes" help me take pictures in the right context.

I hope this helps!

Zoom all the way out

Zoom all the way in

Edited only to change source location for photos
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #23
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Awesome photo, Sara_Jayne! Was that in Arizona? My friend/neighbor sent me a postcard of that scene (the close-up) on a trip to AZ a few years ago.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #24
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

opps! I meant to put in the details about the pictures!

The pictures our from our honeymoon to Arizona last year (on the 11th!!). These pictures were taken in Sedona AZ and the church is Church of the Holy Cross, built right into the rocks.

AZ is THE BEST place for taking pictures.
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #25
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Quote:
AZ is THE BEST place for taking pictures.
I can see why, with the brilliant blue sky, and the many hues in the landscape. :-)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:01 AM   #26
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,136 Times in 707 Posts
Thanks to all of you who answer ed :D but keep giving me your stories on cameras.The pictures were great! Helped to actually see how zoom works.Can anyone tell me the battery life on these cameras?

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:03 AM   #27
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

I honestly can't say on our Easy Share, as I've never really paid attention to it. I can say that we don't have to charge all that often. That's not much help, I know.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:20 AM   #28
lmc
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to lmc
Im a Fuji3800 user
I love my Fuji 3800 with a mere 3.2 mega pixels and 6X zoom. I had a loaner of the one step up from this camera with 4 mega pixels but really didn't see much difference.

Mine also does videos/not the greatest quality but fun and with sound.

Not sure my quality is as sharp as the tulips above. Will pick a photo to share so you can decide. This camera cost $400 a few years ago when I got it and the 4 mp was half that price last I looked several months ago. so prices are going down!

I take over 100 photos every Friday when I spend the day with my grandkids...the batteries last several weeks of photo taking. I use a plug in charger when I download the photos to my computer to save the batteries.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscf0228.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	25686  Click image for larger version

Name:	dscf0228.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	25687  
lmc is offline   Reply With Quote