Old 03-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
Saber
Casting On

Knitting mitts with 4 needles
I am knitting a pair of child's mitts with 4 needles for the first time. Help! The pattern is a simple (K2, P2) ribbing on the cuffs but now that I'm shaping the thumbs I notice that the right side of the mitten is on the inside of the needles so that the wrong side of the mittens are facing me( i.e. the mittens are inside out). Are mittens knit in this manner normally just turned right side out when the project is completed or have I done something wrong? I knit using the English method.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
They probably got pushed through the wrong way. Just push the work through. If that doesn't work, you may have to flip the whole thing over and then push it through.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
midnightferret
Ribbing the Cuff

I don't know if you did what I did, but the first mitten I knit with 4 DPN's I started knitting from the wrong end after I cast on.

I caught it and frogged it. When you do the next one, after you cast on and divide the stitches, make sure you join (and start knitting) at the place where the FIRST stitch you cast on is. (the needle with first stitch you cast on should be on the left, and the needle with the last stitch you cast on should be on your right). I hope this didn't confuse you more, and again, it might not be what happened. I just thought I would share what I had to learn to use the DPNs.

But it does seem like you can just "turn it right side out" after you finish.
midnightferret is offline   Reply With Quote