Old 03-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #21
quirky
Knitting the Flap

Hey now no controversy here on this thread that I can read. My own comments were ment a little toungue n cheek. Sorry if it did not come off that way!

Quote:
So... anyone else? I am hoping that this yarn is silky and cool to the touch and would work for a summer sweater but
Personally I think the bamboo is quite soft and silky. But its just my opinion. Its about the same softness as long staple cotton. Just not as slick as silk. Perfect for a summer sweater! And when you tell people its made of bamboo then your sweater is quite chi chi too!

"Never EVER give up."
quirky is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #22
Julie
Instepping Out

I wasn't particularly GAAAAH over the yarn, it did seem quite similar to cotton.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #23
Mer
Working the Gusset

I guess I didn't think it was "soft" in comparison to a fuzzy type yarn, but it's certainly not scratchy. It would be a nice weight for the summer!

"I will remember that no one has ever been killed or maimed by being adventurous with knitting, no matter how pointy the needles." The Yarn Harlot
Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
countingsheep
Working the Gusset

Once again! You guys have come to my rescue! Yeah!!!

Quirky, I took it as very tounge in cheek but then... I LOVE getting my hair cut and figure sheep must too! And yes, I imagine that I will get plenty of reaction when I tell people that it's made of Bamboo! Chi chi, indeed!

Julie, that was what I was looking for! I do so love cotton but... sometime it's nice to try something different and this certainly qualifies as different!

And Mer... I would really rather not have fuzzy for the summer sweater but will keep this in mind. I was afraid that it was "scratchy" and that will certainly not do with 90+ degree temps and 80%+ humidity!

OK... now the quest begins. I shall attempt to find at my LYS some bamboo yarn. Thank you all for your input and I will keep you informed on the progress of my quest! (And why I suddenly have the lines, "What is your name? What is your quest?" running through my mind is a mystery! :rofling: )

Ang!
countingsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #25
Jouf
Knitting the Flap

I bought some Plymouth Yarn Royal Bamboo at my lys and it was only $7.70/skein 93 yards. Haven't made anything with it yet. But if feels VERY silky nice almost microfibery silky soft.

jouf www.knittingpearls.blogspot.com
Jouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #26
Julie
Instepping Out

WEBS has Plymouth Bamboo for $6.99/skein...very pretty colors!

http://www.yarn.com/yarns-knitting/p...yalbamboo.html
Old 03-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #27
countingsheep
Working the Gusset

Again, thank you all for your input!

I did a LYS run today but they do not have any bamboo in stock... it arrives in April!!! They are getting the Plymouth and I can't wait to feel it! The early reviews from the women at the shop were very positive and the owner said that she plans to try a summer sweater in it! Sounds perfect!

Anyway... I'll let you know when I get some but really appreciate all the help!

Ang
countingsheep is offline   Reply With Quote