Old 03-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
KristiMetz
Knitting the Flap

Best book of quick baby gift stuff?
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a book for me that has good baby gift stuff, that is fairly quick (not heirloom quality stuff, but not all garter stitch either, LOL... intermediate stuff mainly, I guess).

I am forever perusing the Internet for just the right pattern for baby socks, a bonnet, a blanket, a sweater, etc.

I think if I had a nice book with nice patterns I could save some time! I need less options, LOL.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer one that includes a variety. Most of the ones I've seen seem to focus mainly on sweaters and hats.
KristiMetz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Type in "knitting for baby" in Amazon and you'll get a ton to look at. Some of them you can view inside and look at the table of contents among other areas to see what type of patterns the book has in it.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I just bought "Special Knits" by Debbie Bliss and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Yes, most of the patterns has some intricate aspect, but most of the patterns could be done very quickly by dumping the motif or beading or whatnot. The basic patterns are really nice.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Julie
Instepping Out

I loooove "Knitting for Baby." It starts with simple patterns and gets more advanced as you go through the book.