Old 03-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #11
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
OMG Im SO glad I have my own office!!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #12
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by HeatherFeather
they have a new person in the office that is now humming....
Many of us use personal cd players, ipods, etc. to drown out the wackos that do nothing but blather all day or b!tch about stuff... but if, gawd forbid, your batteries wear out in the middle of the day, you then get to listedn to the ones that "try" to hum or sing to their music. Usually it's low, but still, they ain't no good at it! I'm no musical expert, but I could go mad sometimes from the monotone or usually off key moaning they do!
Old 03-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #13
KristiMetz
Knitting the Flap

Ah, fond memories of the corporate world! There but for the grace of god go I.

I do think that talking loudly on the phone is a punishable offense in any office. As is slurping coffee, talking on speakerphone, talking on cell phones, having conversations that are too intimate where everyone has to hear them, and many other infractions.

Although, the coffee slurping one is punishable by death.
KristiMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

I had a manager (one of many, story for another time) that seemed to learn a bad habit from our previous manager (they were evil clones i'm sure). When making a call, the would press an open line on the phone thus making the whole section hear the dial tone out loud, then the beep beep beep of their dialing, then the ringing of the call, and finally the person's "Hello?". All BEFORE they even bothered to lift their arm to pick the receiver up to complete their call!!!
Gawd people! I mean, how hard is it to do all that without making the rest of us hear it???? And these are the same Hagatha's that would berate everyone for having the gall to personally interact with other human beings during the day.

I actually saw something on MSNBC today about a $300 device that you can activate to play voices that mimic office chatter to mask your personal conversations. That would be fine, but in my case, I'd rather step out into the hall to make a personal call than sound like I have 25 people in my 5x5 cube.

That's another thing, we have stool pigeons that whine if they sniff out anyone making a personal call, and because some of the call center people don't use discretion when talking on their cells in the hall when potential corporate customers come to visit that the same stoolies like to narc on people talking in the halls. I say, just do it to the ones that like to talk about who they got lucky or drunk with.. oh oh, and the idiots that insist on talking in the bathrooms!!! Don't EVEN get me going on THAT!!!!

Old 03-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
lol when i was managing a call center one of the girls in my office came in and said "i swear to god someone is in the bathroom using a vibrator!"

of course i laughed at her and said there was no way someone was THAT ballsy! a few weeks later someone else came in laughing saying that they heard the same thing. okay seriously....what in the world?

well i happened to be in the bathroom washing my hands a few days later and heard it myself and decided i was going to stick around to see who it was.

One of our SUPERVISORS came out of the bathroom and i nearly peed myself laughing and told her what people were thinking about her.

We got a very good giggle out of the whole thing.

She had a baby a few months before and was pumping.

we found her an office. :rofling: :rofling:
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
Jouf
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
well i happened to be in the bathroom washing my hands a few days later and heard it myself and decided i was going to stick around to see who it was.

One of our SUPERVISORS came out of the bathroom and i nearly peed myself laughing and told her what people were thinking about her.

We got a very good giggle out of the whole thing.

She had a baby a few months before and was pumping.
You make me laugh! Wasn't it YOU who also did the stalking thing with someone with yarn while you were working???

Jouf (aka Brenda) www.knittingpearls.blogspot.com
Jouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #17
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
lol no that was Ekgeihy i believe.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #18
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Yeah, that was EKG, so funny.

OMG Brenda, that story about the breast pumping/vibrator....let me just pick my laughing self off the floor....

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #19
njknitter
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by brendajos
She had a baby a few months before and was pumping

Funny that the vibrator was the explanation that popped into everyone's mind first!
5 baby blankets; 2 afghans; 1 large afghan for large brother-in-law; 4 scarves; 4 toddler sweaters; 6 simple teddy bears; This teddy bear and 4 others from the book; 1 monkey; 1 tank top/cardigan set; 1 cape; 1 shrug; 1 pair mittens; 2 pairs socks; 2 pairs felted clogs; 1 hat; lace edged tank, Vitadini Lace Yoked Top

Currently working on: scarf for sis
njknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #20
LeslieA
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LeslieA Send a message via MSN to LeslieA Send a message via Yahoo to LeslieA
OMG too funny. We have 2 fairly new girls in our office, one is constantly singing to like rap type music. You would think with all the singing she does she would be a happy person. NOT! And the other is pregnant and her husband keeps calling her on her cell phone. I mean I understand she is having problems and she had a miscarriage like in september but come on. Maybe she shouldn't be working any longer. geesh.
LeslieA is offline   Reply With Quote