Old 03-15-2006, 01:37 PM   #21
Denise in Michigan
Turning the Heel

Thanks for all these helpful ideas! I'm going to try out several and see which work best for me!
Denise in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #22
Silver
Instepping Out

I wrap each set tightly in a post-it note, tape it closed and write the size on it. Then I just put them all in a pocket in my knitting bag. When I need to use a set, I just pull them out of the paper, and I can slip them back in when I'm finished. Keeps them all neat, organized and labeled.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos

Last edited by Silver : 05-23-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #23
VickiIL
Turning the Heel

I used some fat quarters and sewed up a simple case for my dpn's, crochet hooks and addis
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	my_needle_case_168.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	25910  
sockettes in KP Bare tweed

Crocheting:
Fat Bottom Bag from SNB - Crochet

Reading:
Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan
VickiIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:24 AM   #24
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
I store my double points in a basket, along with my circulars, 10 inch needles, and crochet needles and accessories. The basket has 4 sections, so it works very well. The double point needles that do not have a package are in a small jelly jar that fits in that section of the basket. The crochet needles are in a jelly jar too.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	knitting_needles_basket_med.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	25930  
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #25
Miss Kittie
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm going to make one like here..
http://www.crippenworks.com/cpwframeindex.html
Just click on double-pointed needles..
Right now mine have bands around them..
Old 03-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #26
Cristy
Instepping Out

I CAN'T SEW!!! but I want one of those crippenworks dpn cases but I don't want to pay that much.... :(

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:52 AM   #27
Quietheart
1st Leg of the Journey

I have a large coffee can full of paper towel center rolls that I cut or toilet paper rolls, all standing up in the can. I crocheted a decorative cover for the can (I had just learned to knit). It works and looks quite lovely for my dpns , other straight needles and lots of other knitting stuff. I may make another and cover the rolls inside too I could also make a flower covered "cover" for it, so it looks like a basket of flowers when it's not open, although that probably wouldn't happen often lol

Kath
Quietheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #28
Cristy
Instepping Out

ahhem....quietheart...picture please....

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #29
Quietheart
1st Leg of the Journey

You want a picture of a coffee can with tubes standing up in it? Come on now lol
Honestly I will have to wait until my daughter is here again with her camera. It's really not hard to picture. Just take toilet paper rolls or cut paper towel rolls and stand them in a big coffee can so they are firmly holding each other up.. decorate as you want tada..

Kath
Quietheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #30
Ellen Edwards
Working the Gusset

I loved all of your answers to this!!

Christy--you don't have to sew to make a roll up type of holder. I do sew, and I sewed mine, but I just took a cloth placemat that I had forever, and it had a matching cloth napkin with it. Mine were purple (I love purple, but it just didn't go in my kitchen. So I laid the placemat ( facedown if it's not the same on each side), and laid the napkin on it . I think I had to fold the napkin so that it went to about half the height of the placemat....and sewed around the edges to make the "pocket". Then I sewed vertically down teh napkin, spacing it for some of the dps and some of the larger needles ,( some very narrow and some wider) to fit in. Then I rolled it up with needles in it so I could see where I could sew the ties in the inside of one side.. I just took a piece of ribbon and folded it in half and sewed it to the inside edge of one side. Then you can tie it together and take it with you or store it--all of your needles are together!! The thing is--you could do all this same thing with FRABRIC GLUE!!

Just place the napkin like you want it, then from one side to the other, glue vertically till about one inch from the bottom. Glue as many pockets as you want----you can have them about an inch wide or more--1 inch will hold lots of small dps!! When you get to the other side, glue the napkin to the placemat til about 1 inch from the bottom, then glue the bottom down all the way across. It doesn't take very long for fabric glue to set and when it does, you'll have your needle case!! Oh--don't forget to take a piece of ribbon --maybe a foot of it, and glue it , folded in half vertically, to one side midway to the bottom so when you've rolled the case up, you have ties to keep it rolled!! If you sew at all--tack the ribbon down good with needle and thread. I see no reason why fabric glue wouldn't work fine! You can use ribbon as wide or narrow as you like to tie it with. If you'd rather not glue it to one side, just roll the "case" up, and tie the ribbon in a bow to keep it together.

But I do also have some of my needles in a clear flower vase on the tale by "my" chair, and a smaller narrow vase holds my dps. I just love looking at them. I even have balls of yarn piled in baskets sitting around for decor!! My dh and I are the only 2 living here, and I like it--and I don't think he even notices them, so if I want knitting to be my "theme", it goes well here!

OTN--Just socks right now. Not good at more than 1 thing at a time!
Ellen Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote