Old 03-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
MsShelle
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to MsShelle Send a message via Yahoo to MsShelle
I should be writing 2 research papers....
...instead I am either on here looking at all the FO's or knitting a purse. Why can't knitting be a college class?? I'd do so great, never procrastinate, and heck, I'd offer to do extra credit.

Sigh!! I should not have started a cute new purse when I have so many other things to do.

I highly doubt that my professors would agree with me that my paper had to wait because I just had to finish a cute purse. But maybe if I knit them one too...hmmmmm

~Is anything as relaxing as the sound of two needles clicking against each other~

~Yes, I made it myself!~
MsShelle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Oh gosh, I knit instead of doing homework all the time. It's a failing.

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
MsShelle
Ribbing the Cuff

See, I just keep telling myself "YOu much finish the papers or you will fail, have to get a full-time job and never have time to knit" or "Going to school will get you a great job which pays more than staying home and then you can buy more yarn" But today, not working.

It wouldn't be so bad, except I am writing 2 research papers (6-10 pages each) on the same topic, but different ways of writing for them. Plus, I have a 12 page journal to do, 4 chapters to read for Bio and some reading to do for my social work class. To say I'm procrastinating is a bit of an underestimation..lol.

And I have no one to blame but myself and my desire to knit a second purse this week.

~Is anything as relaxing as the sound of two needles clicking against each other~

~Yes, I made it myself!~
Old 03-15-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
jhelanee
Turning the Heel

I didn't do much knitting in college, but I completely understand about the procrastination bit. My dorm room was never cleaner than when I had a paper due the next day!!

Recently finished: DH's small-gauge sweater; Secret of the Stole ii - "Savannah"; BSJ (well the knitting anyway)
On Needles: socks; Odessa (from Magknits)

jhelanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
sfavereau
Knitting the Flap

Don't look to me for help! I quit my job AND school and basically all I do is knit and quilt, look after my husband and my dog, take walks and go grocery shopping.

And I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. No school, no work, just things I want to do...

But, don't take after me. I never finished school and I don't think I ever will. I've tried so many times. The funny thing is that as hard a time I have with finishing school, I never have problems finishing my knitting or quilting projects. Sad, huh?

My blog
sfavereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
MsShelle
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm back at school at a later age.....29. I should be out by the time I'm 34..lol. But I love being there. I just have so many fun knitting projects I want to do, I'm having a hard time finding time to study.

But you know what, I am on Spring BREAK!! shouldn't that mean I get ot take a break???

I wonder how many more excuses I can come up with..lol

~Yes, I made it myself!~
Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

hey, you should be writing research... i should be writing a dissertation.... PHOOEYYYYYYYYY i say, let's knit!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
I have blown this entire evening, and not any of it knitting and only a couple brief stops here!!

AAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I can't even list everything I need to get done, and I have NO desire to do any of it. I'm going to go and do the minimum I need to do in order to scrape by and then sleep for a couple hours before I get up to do it all over again. I must be absolutely insane to think I can handle 18 credits and a family. My poor kids...