Old 03-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
knason4
Ribbing the Cuff

I knew I would learn something! I never heard of Denise or Boyes! Thanks everyone for giving your opinions!

Javaknitter on Ravelry
knason4 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
ella
Ribbing the Cuff

I love the Naturas (bamboo cousin to the Addi Turbos) and self striping sock yarn. Don't have a favorite yet (I need to try them all :D) but I have so much fun watching the striping emerge as I knit the sock!
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
Amber
Working the Gusset

My favorite needles are Clover bamboo. I haven't tried any of the more expensive bamboo needles, but I'm sure I would love them even more.

As for yarn, I don't really have a favorite yet, but I'm working with some Brown Sheep Company Cotton Fleece right now that I really love. I also like Knitpicks Elegance (alpaca/silk blend -- soooo soft!).

Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #14
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Must say that I Susan Bates Silvalumes as well as the Addi Turbos, both are very slick...a JOY to knit with.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
jodstr2
Instepping Out

needles: tie between Addi Turbo and Clover bamboo.

yarn: KPPPM. I just about drool when I see that stuff.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #16
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
oooooooooooooooh Koigu! i have a whole bunch of it but i am skeered to use it and not have enough for whatever i am making! And of course how can anybody forget MALABRIGO!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaah
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

What I find funny is that I can tell you with no hesitation that my favourite crochet thread is DMC Cebelia, favourite yarn to crochet is Patons Grace, and my favourite hooks are my antique Prims {I wish I did ebay to get more of 'em}; but I can sit here for 10 minutes to try and think up the answer to this one, and still not be definitive!

I don't really like plastic needles, but I love my Denise's set. I prefer metal needles for most projects, but the bamboo dpns I bought were like silk in my hands. I haven't tried Addi's yet {I want to though!}, and I know that the stiff cord and bent joint on Boye circs drive me up a wall {go figger that Boye is the only brand of crochet hook that I will buy new, and I want to get a NM set!}.

I haven't yet found a yarn that makes me want to toss the rest of my stash, but have found many that I don't like for various reasons {too scratchy on the hands, too difficult too work with}. About half of my knitting is done with plain ol' Handicrafter cotton or with RH SS or Comfort, but that's because it's what I call "utility knitting", dishcloths, scarves, mitts, yada yada yada.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #18
Celine
Turning the Heel

Hard to say
So far my favorite yarn is a merino wool blend that I bought locally and it was hand painted. I loved the colors!! I bought two big hanks of it and knitted four scarves and I even love the smell of this stuff!! They costs me $36.00 a hank. Thats the most I've spent so far. lol

I have no favorite needles...yet. But I do like the needles that have the inch marks right on them. I bought a pair of those online and I do use them when I have to measure something. Much more convenient finding them than hunting down a tape measure. :XX: :XX:
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #19
Friskums

So far my fave needles are my Denise's. I them!

And my fave yarn is Plymouth Encore Worsted. It's glorious! Dunno if Plymouth Encore is different than the worsted (feeling wise), but I'm definately gonna pick some up at some point to test it out. Actaully, I hope the whole Plymouth Encore line is as nice as the worsted. I'd be one happy little knitter. ^_^
Old 03-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #20
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
I've used the Encore dk and it's wonderful, as well.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote