Old 03-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
tmsl
1st Leg of the Journey

Stitch Holder for adding sleeve
I don't know if I can phrase this correctly, but here goes. I am working on the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I have knit the body in the round on circulars and am to the point in the pattern for divide for yoke. The pattern says; "Knit 5, place last 10 sts just worked on a stitch holder, knit to 5 sts beyond next marker removing marker as you go, place last 10 sts just worked on a stitch holder, knit to end of front." My problem is my right side needle is now behind the stitches on the holder and if I knit the next stitch, it will pull together that area. Is this what it is supposed to be or should the stitches on the holder be behind the needle? I have never knit sweaters before or used stitch holders and I don't feel like I am doing this properly.

Thanks for any help.

Laura
tmsl is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
It's supposed to pull together. You're basically closing the sleeve into a circle at that point. I find putting the sleeve stitches on waste yarn instead of a holder makes it easier to maneuver the whole thing, too.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
tmsl
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks, Ingrid!! I can continue to knit, now. :XX:
tmsl is offline   Reply With Quote