Old 03-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #21
vcuchica931
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to vcuchica931
Originally Posted by Ingrid
I have yarn that I love but hesitate to use because I'll no longer have that yarn.
I TOTALLY know what you mean!

Knitting for charity is a GREAT idea if you like the process more than the product! Also, you can give great gifts which is great because they'll mean more to the recipiet! You'll be happy and they'll be happy!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #22
kadishiraven
Casting On

What a great discussion!

I have a ball of wonderful dusty red alpaca yarn that I can't bear to make into anything. Sisters I am with you. :D

I really love the process of doing things, although I gave up making those cool chic, French-looking patterns because I go mad knitting a whole sweater in stockinette stitch. But then, the few things I've actually made for myself I really like to wear, because nobody has anything just like them.

There is also that "I can't believe you MADE that!"

My problem is that I use different knitting projects for different therapy. I have a sock I work on when I need to think as my hands work, and some other projects that require concentration (i.e., distraction from my problem). So I have little knitting stations all over my too-small house, waiting to poke unsuspecting visitors should they sit down too suddenly.

I really shouldn't knit during the school year but this is my last semester of college hooray. I can't believe it took me this long to find you all... I've never had enough knitting conversation before!
kadishiraven is offline   Reply With Quote