Old 03-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
schrodinger
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to schrodinger Send a message via Yahoo to schrodinger
Any ideas for 100yrds of hand spun single?
I thought I would write this on the off chance that someone would have an idea of what I can do with my first, handspun, yarn. It's single (not plied) and I have approximately 100yds, the WPI works out to worsted/bulky weight, it's slightly thick/thin and one solid color (light brown). It's 100% superwash wool, so no felting for this project :(

Anyone have any ideas of projects/patterns for what I have? I could certainly try to spin some more, but I doubt I will get much more than another 50-100 yards out of what I have left.

All ideas will be gratefully received.

Cathy
schrodinger is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Gosh, if I were ambitious enough/knowledgable enough to spin my own yarn, and if it was a successful endeavor (as yours was), I'd probably want to knit something that I would always be using, or something that would always be in plain sight because I'd be so proud of myself!!! That's really cool that you spun your own yarn--what an accomplishment! I'm a beginning knitter, so I'd probably want to do something "squarish" like a pillow for my bed--even if it didn't match the colorscheme!--with some neat stitches in it, or maybe a cute little handbag, or maybe something I could "show off" in my kitchen so that when I had company, I could kind of "nonchalantly" show off my yarn that I not only knitted into an object, but that I also spun, too! I'd want to do something multi-seasonal so I wouldn't have to put it away during certain seasons, too. Just my 2 worth, though...musings from a beginning (and not very creative!) knitter!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote