Old 03-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Waterlily KAL
Not too long ago, feministmama posted this thread about the waterlily top from Interweave Knits Spring 2006 magazine. I immediately headed to my LYS to find the magazine and look at the pattern, and then looked up the yarn on the internet, only to discover the disappointing price tag of nearly US$27/hank. Not to let that get to me, I trolled around eBay, finally discovering this yarn from this seller, which is sold in groups of three and in many different colors. I bought some in red, and received it on Saturday.

From all the interest when the original thread was posted, I thought there might be enough people interested in a KAL for this top. More people may be interested with the link to that eBay seller (I hope). This will be my most ambitious project to date: the first on circular needles actually knit in the round, the first project with sleeve shaping, hell, my first sweater of any kind, the first yarn that I need a swift (or a patient partner) to help me wind it into a ball, the first project with a provisional cast-on, etc. There are many other firsts in this project. I'd love some company.

Any takers?

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-20-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
feministmama
Instepping Out

That was meeeee! Yes I would love to knit waterLily. THe thing is I don't like ribbon yarn. It's not yarn it's ribbon! Just my .02. So I found a bulky cotten verigated that I'm gonna use instead. I can't find my #11 circle needles so I been kinda waitin till I clean my room adn maybe I'll find them to start But YES I would love to do this as a KAL. ANyone else?
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:37 PM   #3
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
I found the original thread and linked to it, and gave you credit, as well. I've never knit with ribbon yarn before, but I was worried about using a non-ribbon yarn in stockinette because of the curling at the bottom (it doesn't look like the ribbon had that problem). I still have to wind the yarn I got into balls, so I need at least a week before the cast-on. I just want some company. Glad to know I have at least one taker!

In the queue:
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

Old 03-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
AmandaC
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to AmandaC
Hi - I'm not planning on making this top - although it is really nice ... I just thought I would let you know - this yarn is available in the UK for 6.95 (approx $12.20) a ball. Maybe the international postage from this seller wouldn't be too bad! http://www.cucumberpatch.co.uk/giotto.htm

Good luck.
Askew - Rowan Summer Tweed - Rush - well... off the needles but needs to be blocked and seamed
Monkey socks - Lisa Souza - Mars Quake

LAST FINISHED:
Anthropologie inspired capelet - mmmmMalabrigo chunky - hummingbird
Simple Knitted Bodice - Glampyre - KP Andrean Silk - Olive
Rowan - Hero Jumper - Rowan Denim
MY MASTER'S SOCK 2 - Lisa Souza - Lime & Violet

I'm toftie
AmandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

I cast on! I'm on the first purl row! :XX:

In the queue:
, water bottle cozy

Old 03-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
drlouis
Casting On

hi.

sounds like fun! :XX:
drlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
Louine
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Louine
Yarn
All of the colinette yarns are to die for but unless I can get it cheaper....I just don't buy it. I do have a daughter who lived in Ireland and one of her friends will buy it for me (orders directly from the company) and then my daughter will bring it back or the friend will bring it when he comes. I don't know if a distributer is allowed to mail it from the UK (agreements with company etc.) .....has anyone tried?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #8
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

eBay eBay eBay. That's all I have to say about that. There are lots of sellers on eBay who are selling colinette for cheaper than $26. I ended up getting the yarn I got for $7/skein with shipping calculated in. That's about my current limit for buying yarn, until I see whether this knitting habit continues past when I graduate high school.

In the queue:
, water bottle cozy

Old 03-28-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
feministmama
Instepping Out

Well I'm at the Oregon Coast right now with my mum and my son and his dad. We're going to Devil's punchbowl to climb on some rocks. We'll be back home tomorrow where I have now gathered all the needles to make this lovely shirt. I will have to get some more yarn. It is discontinued but a seller on eBay has more. SO i should order when I get back so by the time I'm almost out, more will show up at my door. I'm using a bulky verigated cotton called...um...lesse what was it again?

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
Old 03-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #10
feministmama
Instepping Out

Here it is. THe seller is toadal and here is a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm Femmy on Ravelry