Old 03-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
knittingjoker
Casting On

How do you do a TBL and SKP stitch?
My mother, an experienced knitter, is stuck on these two terms that I took off a pattern on the internet. Can anyone explain, in clear terms, what this means, so she can knit me a beautiful sweater (Again, she does knit, but is not used to these terms). Thanks!
knittingjoker is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

TBL is knitting 'through back loop'. So instead of inserting the needle from the front of the stitch to knit it, you insert the needle through the back of the stitch and knit it that way. Doing so twists the stitch. There is a video demonstrating this on the following page. It is listed as ktbl:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ons_explained/

Actually, now that I look at it I see that SKP is also shown as a video demonstration on the same page.

Good luck to your mother! If she gets stuck with any other terms, you are likely to find all explanations here!