Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
Juliakaris
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Juliakaris
Help!! "Blossom" pattern from "25 Bags to Kni
I need help on this pattern. The directions are to cast on 35 stitches, 1st row: k; 2nd row: k1 (p1, k1) and then you continue working rows one and two. I hope that the way I am about to explain the problem I'm having will make sense! The picture shows the "v" from the knit stitches as going down, which looks cute and creates a neat eyeline. When I knit this pattern, the "v's" go up. I have take it out and started over several times, trying different ways of knitting and purling, and the pattern never looks right! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

The picture is on this site: http://www.colourway.co.uk/rowan/25bags/25bag.htm
it's the 2nd bag down on the far left column.
Thanks![/u]
1 Timothy 3: 16, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
Juliakaris is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
If you're starting on the bottom, you have to turn your work upside down to see how it will look when done. Is that what's going on?

I'm editing this because I realized that if you start on the bottom, it will be right side up.

Are you confusing your right and wrong side, maybe?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Juliakaris
Casting On

I went to the yarn store and talked to them about the pattern . . . it was knitted top to bottom, but the directions were for bottom to top. Kinda frusterating.
1 Timothy 3: 16, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
Old 03-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
I thought about that possibility, too. How much trouble would it have been to do it right?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Juliakaris
Casting On

Well . . . I'm using the side i already knitted as the backside, and doing the front side right---I don't think it should be too noticeable. It's not difficult, except I kinda did it wrong and all the rows that were knitting (instead of k1p1) are now on the wrong side so I have to purl them instead, so it kinda takes longer. But other than that it's no big deal and it looks so much cuter!