Old 03-26-2006, 09:09 AM   #1
Nikki
Knitting the Flap

after this pair, NO more
Remember my felted clogs? The husband guy wanted a pair, fine. Then the oldest son saw them and now I'm working on my 3rd pair of felted clogs! I can now do the neverending row 2 AND watch the history channel at the same time but goodness, I am soooooooo tired of making clogs.

Do any of you ever get to the point you would just as soon go play in your garden as knit?

Nikki
Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Darhain
1st Leg of the Journey

I knit 14 pairs of felted mocs for friends & family as Christmas gifts. I don't have a pair, and probably never will, as I never want to see that parttern again! I actually have a pair still on the needles that I just can't seem to finish, mostly because it's so boring for me to work on them now.

Now I'm going to make 2 clapotis and 3 booga bags. So we'll see how sick I am of those in a couple of months.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
Stacy
Ribbing the Cuff

After I learned to knit a, year ago, I was knitting constantly. I made more dish clothes, scarves, practice swatches, squares for an afghan, and several baby blankets. If I was awake and not taking care of my dogs, my house, or my husband I was knitting. Then all of a sudden I just quit. It worried me that I had burned myself out too fast.

Then a few weeks ago I thought I would make a baby blanket for a friend who is due next month. Thank goodness! I am back. Now all the $$ I spent wasn't a fly by night fad. I am enjoying it again. I am not going AS crazy this time. Maybe Dad will get that vest I started for him last year.

Stacy
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
Nikki
Knitting the Flap

Many thanks and gentle hugs to both of you. I was worried I was burning out too, glad to know it has happened to others the same way.
Nikki
Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Ive made more than 20 pair. And, several friends still want some for birthdays. Im the WRONG person to ask.
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Kelly can make them in her sleep now it doesn't count.

I've never made the clogs, but if I knit a bunch of anything I'm sure it would get old after a while. I have made a bunch of hats now however and I still enjoy making them. I think part of that is they are easy so I can do other things like watch TV or carry on a conversation while knitting. My preference is to mix it up. Make a sweater, then a few hats, then learn booties, etc.. My DH wants a sweater now, but he's going to have to wait.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #7
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
Variety is the spice of life. That's why I have so many different hobbies. Whenever I get bored with one, I turn to another, then back again eventually. I knit, spin yarn, sew, and do embroidery. I'm also a musician, but it's my job....not a hobby.

I really haven't gotten tired of knitting though, because I'm always working on about 8 projects at the same time. When I get tired of one project, I drop it and work on another. I keep my projects in separate baskets, so I can pick them up to work on them and set them aside easily.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #8
samm
Turning the Heel

Oh yeah. The ol' can't stand to look at this blue yarn again. I just finished a blue sweater, and only finished because it is for my grandson's b'day this week. Otherwise I'd have pitched it in a corner for a bit. I go in binges of knitting, but on several (several!?) projects at once. I finish it all, but in no particular order usually. I do sometimes stop knitting too, and sew or crochet or whatever takes my fancy. I figure if it's feeling like work I'm gonna do something else. I always come back, though, and I, too get bored with repeating patterns over and over and over. Hugs to you, from me, samm
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
cindyln
1st Leg of the Journey

I have made 3 Oregon totes and have 3 more to make. I am dragging my feet making those last 3 because I am tired of that pattern. I understand completely.

OTN:
socks,Feb KAL dishcloths
Finshed:
Irish Hiking scarf
Mason-Dixon bathmat
cindyln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

I agree, a bunch of projects is just so much more fun. I sometimes start something new on the spur of the moment just for the design aspect.
I still haven't made onepair of clogs! although I finally got the pattern last month. What's the rush! I'm trying intarsia for the first time today, knitting some cats onto the back of a red vest. I'd hate to burn out! That would be intolerable!

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote