Old 02-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

PREEMIE PROJECT <3 <3 <3
Does anyone want to join the Preemie project? I am a member and I was wondering if anybody would want to join this free charity and become a volunteer. If you don't want to join but you would be interested in making either preemie hats, booties, bereavement items, or blankets for babies in need let me know, these preemie hats only take about a 1/2 an hour to make ( because they are so small)and the babies and families are so grateful for them. These donations go to families with preemie babies who are going through a very difficult time ( free of charge). Some of these parents get to take their child home with them while others only get to take home the handmade gift you and I make as a memento of the precious baby they lost :( Please email me for details such as measurements, etc. I can be contacted at KnitPixie624@yahoo.com

It would be so great if anyone could contribute just a little bit of time.. there are a lot of great knitters here if every one or a good amount of people here just made one little preemie hat per person we could make a drastic difference in the lives of soo many people.

Come on fellow knitters please help us make a difference :XX:

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....
but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*KnitPixie* is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
I can join. I have a knifty knitter set now and it only takes me a half hour to make something on it.

I'll join in
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

preemie project
If you want to join preemie project you have to give me your name and email address you can email it to me through my yahoo account KnitPixie624@yahoo.com and we will discuss measurements etc

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,

Old 02-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Okay.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
I may consider this, but I've got quite a few projects that need completing first. I'll check back.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

The babies and their families thank you
Thank you all for your interest in the Preemie Project :D I will always be here and so will the needy babies so if you want to check back with me later that is fine too

Old 02-09-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
Jenelle
Instepping Out

I got one hat done and another one on the way. Hoping to get two done tonight...

I found out that I have tons of soft baby yarn. I also found a dark peach colored yarn that's worsted weight that could be softened a bit whenever it gets washed.

Do you recommend a certain detergent when washing baby items?? Or even drying them?? I don't want to give them an allergic reaction to anything :(
Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 AM   #8
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Baby items
Wow already great job Jenelle I just finished my second hat for the month and I'm on my third :XX: What does your hat look like? The first one I did was pink with a white pom pom and a rose on the front, the second one I did is white with stripes and a pom pom. The next one will be blue. You can just wash them in plain water and air dry them. Then when you ship them they will be washed by the nurses in the NICU.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Jenelle
Instepping Out

My first hat is yellow, I used three strands and made it on my knifty knitter. I also got done with my second hat on my knifty knitter, and it turned out to be nice, thick, and cute!! It's a dark peach color. I found alot of baby yarns in my stash, that's the old Jamie Lion Brand baby yarns. Really cute colors too. I'll have to take some pictures too
Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Picture time!! I got 4 hats done, with another one on the way(my target now is to get 10 made on the knifty knitter and then 5 hand knitted and done up ) I only got a picture of three though :(
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3332.jpg
Views:	3422
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24886