Old 04-13-2006, 07:04 AM   #11
Celine
Turning the Heel

Thank you
Thank you so much...that would make sense!!! You are more than welcome to read our posts. We all learn from each other. Thanks again.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
Celine
Turning the Heel

Easy so far!
I just finshed up the back of the sweater. Now starting the right front side. If this continues to go so well I'll probably make it again in a larger size for her!! I need patterns that are EASY. :XX: :XX:
Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

Wow...you're going to town on this Celine! :XX: Knit woman, knit!

I just cast on for this Sirdar Cardigan last night then couldn't figure out the third row......got it now though and will work on it tonight after the kidlets are in bed. I'm using a King Cole yarn called Spot on. I don't like it too much.....it is very uneven in areas. I'll keep on though. I've used circulars for the first time now too! That is kind of cool.

Jamadian...thank you for butting in LOL. I read that and . I had no idea. Feel free to look in anytime....I'm a real newbie to knitting too. I know I can use help often.
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:29 AM   #14
Celine
Turning the Heel

Great
Dragon Tush sounds like you are moving right along too!!

I bought a sweater pattern from my LYS in the early Fall. I also bought that Plymouth JElly Bean yarn from her. Well I started to make the sweater and I always seemed to need HELP with it. To make a long story short...I started that sweater three times. Even tho I did a gauge it ended up looking SO big. Autumn would have to wait until she was 12 to wear it so I tore it all out.

Now with this pattern I'm using its goiing well so that makes me feel like I am accomplishing something!! :XX: :XX:
Old 04-15-2006, 05:22 AM   #15
Celine
Turning the Heel

mistake?
Welll I think I found a "mistake" in this pattern. I knit the back. Then I knit the right side front but there was not enough room for the part that goes over the shoulder. It said to knit to lengh of the back. But I was just about there already before they told me that. So I remeasured my pieces numerous times and I ended up ripping out part of the right front and began the decorative knitting at a lower place on the front. By doing that it gave me the room that I needed for the shoulder and the right length. I could have even knitted it lower than I did.

Now I'm working on the left front and I will make the changes on that side too. But other than that its going well. :XX: :XX:
Old 04-15-2006, 06:08 AM   #16
Sue Madelin
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by DragonTush
Your gd is turning three next week? My dd is turning four next week. On the 17th...
Sorry for butting in but my No1 son is 11 on th 17th! Not sure how this happened - last time I looked I'm sure he was 4

We're having a family bike ride with our church followed by tea at his favourite pizza and pasta restaurant with lots of family - we'll be a table of 12. Can't wait
Crochet Jumper
Monkey socks from Knitty

Up Next:-
Some socks with my beautiful yarns from Angelia

Recent WIPs:-
Sahara in Tilli Thomas Pure and Simple and Rock Star in colour Hope
My variation on the Anthropologie Capelet
A cabled hand bag for my friend (Still awaiting some bamboo handles!)
Sue Madelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:23 AM   #17
Celine
Turning the Heel

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday too the little ones in our lives that share today as their birthday!! Autumn is three day.

I haven't knit on her sweater in the last two days since I just began to knit lace. I'll try and work on it later on tonight. :XX: :XX:
Old 04-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #18
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

Happy belated birthday to all our little ones (or not so little anymore lol)yesterday! We had a good day here. Megan was thrilled to get her new bike for her birthday along with the horn (yeah...that wasn't annoying at all**) and the streamers for her handles that she received from her big brother.

I'm still working on the back of the cardigan. Its slow going for me as I try to only knit once the kidlets are in bed. I can't concentrate on the pattern with the little munchkins screaming for attention.

Did you get any knitting done Celine?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #19
Celine
Turning the Heel

Hello
Dragon Tush, I haven't touched the sweater in a few days. I did finish the back and the right front and now have half of the left front done...so not too much more to do other than the sleeves.

BUT I started a new handbag that I saw at a yarn shop the other day and have been going like a "house on fire" with it. So once the bag is done I will pick up the needles on the sweater. I usually do have more than one project going at a time anyway as most of us here. :XX: :XX:
Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #20
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

Yes, I see many of you have more than one project going lol. The most I can get going is this project and maybe a dishcloth right now ......I'm so slow right now. LOL.

I finally finished the back and am going to cast on for the front right tonight. I can't wait to see this finished.

I am thinking of shopping for a new digital camera one day soon so I'll finally be able to post some of the projects I've finished.

My Blog