Old 04-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
hedgewick
1st Leg of the Journey

OT - Damn you Sarah Jessica Parker!
So I was watching tv last night and saw, yet again, Sarah J. Parker taunting me with her lovely hair color commercial. I Jumped up and said "I've got to get me some of that"! I've been sick of my dark brown hair for a while but for some reason she threw me over the edge. I went to Kroger and picked up a dark blonde on sale. My hair is now a lovely shade of light brown/red. I really like it. Of course this means I will have to keep coloring it from now till the end of time or it will look terrible. And with all that coloring it will look terrible in about 6 months anyway. Yeah, thanks alot "Carrie".
hedgewick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Pictures....and you don't have to keep coloring it, you could just let it grow out. Or wear a wig. Or put kool-aid in it. :rofling:

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

:D Yes, u must supply pics since u told us u changed the color...u know we are all very visual :D
LOL, I've not changed my hair color since I was 20 & dyed my hair a bright yellow :rofling: but, as grays begin to pop in...I may be doing the same thing shortly

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
hedgewick
1st Leg of the Journey

Boy, you guys are brave! I don't think that the change is so much that a picture would even show up. I'm just concerned about roots. If I were about 15 years yonger I may have considered the bright color route althought I know my family wouldn't have been impressed at all.
hedgewick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts
I'm letting my highlights grow out because I just don't want to spend the money anymore. I got some temporary color that lasts for a month and it helped a lot. It's been over a month and it still looks pretty blended.

At 53 I really don't have too much gray, but we'll see how it looks when it's all grown out. I may run screaming back to the salon.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
sogrammatical
Knitting the Flap

I dyed mine red about a year and a half ago but never got around to re-dying it when the roots started to show. Eventually, the red faded enough that no one remarks on it.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
Celine
Turning the Heel

I color mine too
I'm 51 and I know I have silver temples!! But I do color my hair and I really like how it looks. I use Hydrance and its not harsh or strong. It "gently" fades and there are no obvious roots that way. Two days after I color it my dd gives me blonde highlights. I get the highlights about every second time I color. Works out well for me. I'm not ready to go gray.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
I have been going through haircolor horrors too lately - up until a few years ago, my hair was very short - when I broke up with exboyfriend, went through mid-life crisis and started growing it out longer.....well I was doing the highlight thing but it just got so darned...EXPENSIVE! Plus a big time consumer - so last fall I started trying to color myself. Well...it always looks GREAT when you first do it, but then it just looks so blah after 3 weeks. Plus it starts to feel crunchy or whatever. Last hair cut we decided we are going to put some lowlights in - and kind of bring it back to reality.

Its a slippery road!

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
bubba
1st Leg of the Journey

I think it has a lot to do with my job, but my hair, at 48yrs, is probably 75% gray, or as I prefer to call it...silver! A couple years ago, I was on vacation for a month in the summer and I let it grow out and got it cut shorter than normal before returning to work so there would be no dye left in my hair. Well, I kept it like that for about four months. Then, one night I asked my husband what he thought of my hair being so gray....you don't want to know, said he.....yes I do, tell me.....well, if you really want to know, you remind me of my mother!!!!!! Needless to say, we went promptly to the drugstore and that was the last time I didn't dye my hair!

pat.....who is still brave enough to ask her husband things like this!

Don't mess with dragons....they think you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts
Holy cow, Pat! On the one hand I think husband should be more considerate, but on the other if it really bothers them and it's something like looking like their mother, well I guess you gotta know. My husband can't say much..he has almost no hair and what he has is white!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote