Old 03-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

Sock addiction? what sock addiction?
It's all my DHs fault... I SWEAR!!! He's the one that sent me across town to drop off some papers for a loan. It's not my fault that my fave LYS is on the way... and that I haven't been in there since November due to bridge reconstruction. It's also not my fault that she's selling/ closing and had great deals on sock yarn. It's also not my fault that she had some Bryspun dpns and some Skacel dpns that begged to come home with me... not my fault, not my fault at all. I'm not addicted, no way, no how.

BTW: the sock yarn is Scheeepjes Invicta {#1364, a grey/ blue tweed}, Dazzle Super Socks {#714, a teal/ white/ blue/ grey jacquard}, and a single ball of Lang JaWoll Jacquard {#0158, charcoal/ white/ grey/ fuschia/ burgundy wine}; the dpns are 9"-3 mm {2.5US} Bryspuns, and 7"-2.5 mm {1 US} Skacels[/b]
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	camilles3-30web.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	26364  

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

YEAH, BABY Nuttin like a sale on sock yarn
LOL, I ordered yarn yesterday for my sister's socks & my daughter's...as if I don't have a gazillion balls, hanks, skeins (but these are for me )

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
RachelJean
Knitting the Flap

Nice stuff, Nicole! I am so glad I'm not the only addict around here. :XX:

It's not my fault that there are so many different kinds of sock yarn. I just have to try them all, don't I? I don't have an LYS near me, so I have to shop online. And my finger has a mind of it's own....sometimes it pushes the button that says "place order" without my even knowing...

Here's some Regia and some Lorna's Laces I just got. On order I have some Opal and some Jawoll...now if only I could knit 24 hours a day, I might actually get to use it all.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	lorna.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	26365  Click image for larger version

Name:	regia.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	26366  
RachelJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Lornas Laces.... :drooling: I just ordered some for me from Ebay...LOVE, LOVE IT!!! Then I just ordered from knitpicks yesterday....it's truly an addiction :rollseyes: I completely forgot about this BEAUTIFUL Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn that I have, as well as some Opal until I was looking in another box for something & saw them there...why, bc my sock yarn box is too full for them to fit in it & I had stashed these babies in another box! what a JOY it was to find :D As if I had just been yarn shopping....again

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

MUST. NOT. GO. TO. EBAY.

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

What color Lorna's is that?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
i think it looks like bubblegum! (that isn't the name i am sure....just what i think of when i see those colors.) i am ignoring it though cuz i really want it and i have a whole bunch of sock yarn i have bought and haven't even started using yet cuz i am trying to finish an afghan before i get toooo crazy with the socks.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #7
margie
Instepping Out

The yarn is soooooo pretty!!!! I signed up for a sock class at my LYS. I knit socks on 2 circs, but I really want to learn how to make them on dpn's- I have a gazillion (ok, maybe not that many!) skeins of sock yarn just waiting patiently until I have the skills to do them justice...........
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I LOVE knitting socks on dpns !! I have a video coming & several tutorials for knitting on circs, I want to give them a try, but I wonder if I will prefer circs or dpns :thinking: .....time will tell.....

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

Old 03-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #9
RachelJean
Knitting the Flap

That Lorna's Laces color is called sherbert....looking at it makes me hungry. Luckily, I can't eat while I'm knitting. :rofling:
RachelJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #10
cheesiesmom
Turning the Heel

Re: Sock addiction? what sock addiction?
Originally Posted by nicolethegeek
It's all my DHs fault... I SWEAR!!! He's the one that sent me across town to drop off some papers for a loan. It's not my fault that my fave LYS is on the way... and that I haven't been in there since November due to bridge reconstruction. It's also not my fault that she's selling/ closing and had great deals on sock yarn. It's also not my fault that she had some Bryspun dpns and some Skacel dpns that begged to come home with me... not my fault, not my fault at all. I'm not addicted, no way, no how.

BTW: the sock yarn is Scheeepjes Invicta {#1364, a grey/ blue tweed}, Dazzle Super Socks {#714, a teal/ white/ blue/ grey jacquard}, and a single ball of Lang JaWoll Jacquard {#0158, charcoal/ white/ grey/ fuschia/ burgundy wine}; the dpns are 9"-3 mm {2.5US} Bryspuns, and 7"-2.5 mm {1 US} Skacels[/b]

Nicole, you'll have to post on how you like the Bryspuns. I love their single points and would love to buy some dpns.

It's not my fault I read so much about sock on the KH forum that I had to try a pair and have become addicted to knitting them and now I have to buy all kinds of sock yarn even tho' nobody wants my homemade socks.

I'll show 'em!!! (I just bought a skein of opal bumblebee at a ridiculously high price on ebay because it's discontinued and...RARE!!!) :rofling:
cheesiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote