Old 04-16-2006, 01:07 AM   #1
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

Well I just organized and tidied up my stash...
I moved it from a 50 quart tote and a small three-drawer rolling thingy to a 50 GALLON tote. Not much room left in there either! And the hardest part was designating which yarns had to go to the bottom...I want to be able to see all my pretty yarns when I open it up! LOL! And I have plans for them all, I really do!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-16-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Yeah, sure, that's what we all say! :rofling:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
You've probably got even more ideas for all that yarn now that you've gotten to see it all again.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
samm
Turning the Heel

Congratulations! I'm proud of you. And of me too. I just reorganized the yarn in my little sewing room, as the pine bench that was in there went to my son's new/old house yesterday. :D DH built a nine section wire cubby thingy for me and I spent an hour filing my yarns in it. It looks so pretty! And all the ideas I have for the yarns came rushing back as I saw it. Of course, I still have my big tubs in the store room..... I think perhaps I will buy another nine sections and add them to this. There's room and it would hold more yarn. And then I would have to fill it, right? :XX: samm who knows we both could have much worse habits that collecting yarn!
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
knitstress_tygher
1st Leg of the Journey

I get the same way. I don't want anything to be hidden, but for the moment it has to be. Maybe if I completely clean out the dresser in my office I can put the yarn stash in there, or most of it.

Recent FOs:
Brandon Handwarmers, Several felted Boogas, Not-Malabrigo Handwarmers, Malabrigo Hat

Up Next:
Monkey socks, Shawl for Jeanette, Scarf for Mykael
knitstress_tygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
Cristy
Instepping Out

I was once into scrapbooking (thought it was an expensive hobby so I decided to take up knitting?!?!?!) and dh had put together a wired thingy for me too--I've asked him to re-assemble it w/ the shelves in different places so I can put my yarn in it. Problem is...I haven't decided how to organize the yarn...what would you do...by weight/color/fiber??? I'm thinking by colo b/c I almost always know what color I want to make something....that way I could just go to that color bin and see what yarns I have (and then go buy more b/c inevitably I'll need something different than what I have!)

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #7
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

It feels great to get it all organized...it took me FOREVER to organize patterns, tutorials, tips, etc and the yarn :rofling: but...well worth the effort

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #8
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I have the same problem.. I can't see all my yarn and then I forget about it or just buy more and cover up what I can see and of course have plans for it all I do have my patterns in order and my books... need a better plan for yarn though... wonder if dh would think I was off my rocker if I got a big book case and instead of displaying books I displayed yarn so I could see them all... :thinking:

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Originally Posted by Cristy
I was once into scrapbooking (thought it was an expensive hobby so I decided to take up knitting?!?!?!) and dh had put together a wired thingy for me too--I've asked him to re-assemble it w/ the shelves in different places so I can put my yarn in it. Problem is...I haven't decided how to organize the yarn...what would you do...by weight/color/fiber??? I'm thinking by colo b/c I almost always know what color I want to make something....that way I could just go to that color bin and see what yarns I have (and then go buy more b/c inevitably I'll need something different than what I have!)
I think it would be cool to by by color...seeing variations of different colors might inspire some good ideas...
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
feministmama
Instepping Out

I have my yarn together by different things. Sometimes by project or color. Mostly its by manufacture. I have a WOTA tote, a basket full of acrylic, a basket of Lamb's pride, a basket of Manos, stuff like that. Depends on what yer using it for I guess. :thinking:
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote