Old 04-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
sunnyreflections
1st Leg of the Journey

Yoke help
I am making this http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTtemptingII.html sweater and am at this point:

Using a new ball of yarn and double-point needles, CO 11 sts. Work in 1x1 Rib until work measures 5 inches, ending with a WS row.

Next Row [RS]: Work in patt to last st, ssk last st of band tog with first st of neckline.
Next Row [WS]: Work in patt.
Repeat these 2 rows until all sts of neck have been worked.

Work band for 5 inches more. BO all stitches in patt.

So, am I using just two double needles? If so, how do I stay in my pattern because when I turn my work around all my knit sts from the first row look like they are purl sts??? And when I get to the point where I am ssk sts I will be taking the st off of my double needles and onto my circ, right?

Thanks!
-Alison
sunnyreflections is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,827 Posts
It looks like you use two dpns. From looking at the pattern, you'll have the edge band stitches on your dpn and will take a stitch off the circular each time you do the ssk, keeping 11 on the dpn and having one less stitch on the circular.

When they say to work in pattern, you should knit the knits and purl the purls as they face you.

I'd bet that there's lots of information on this pattern in the forum at Knitty. :thinking:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote