Old 04-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
kristinw
Turning the Heel

Help needed on baby socks
I was moving along nicely on this great baby sock pattern (here) and then I got to the heel. The pattern only uses 2 needles by the way.

This is where I have a question:
Start heel: Knit 11 sts, turn, work in stockinette st (k 1 row, p 1 row) for 16 row, ending with a p row, turn.

I did the 11 stitches and turned (I've done short rows before). But now I am stuck at whether I am supposed to do the stockinette across the whole thing or just the 11 stitches in that short row.

Here is some more of the pattern that comes after the stockinette part:
Next row: K 2, k 2 tog, k 1, turn, sl 1, p 3, turn.
Next row: Purl.
Next row: K 3, k 2 tog, k 1, turn, sl 1, p 4, turn.
Next row: K 4, k 2 tog, k 1, turn, sl 1, p 5, turn.
Next row: K 5, k 2 tog, k 1 7 sts on needle.

I hope someone can help! I wanted to try and get these done asap! You all are the best! Thanks in advance!

My knitting blog: The Knit of It

I'm kristin on
kristinw is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
Angelia

Just the 11 stitches because you're working the heel; the other stitches (the ones that go across the top of the foot) just hang out unworked until you're done with the heel.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Dizbub
Casting On

Did you figure this out
I am working on a pair of leggings with feet and am stuck on the instep where i worked 14 of 39 in stocking stich for 16 rows and am stuck on how to proceed with the other 20 stiches (five are on a safety pin for some reason).
I posted the question Please help. But if you figured out how to do this i would appreciate it.jandkbatt@sympatico.ca
Dizbub is offline   Reply With Quote