Old 05-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #11
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Knitpixie, the Denise set has AMAZINGLY FLEXIBLE CABLES.

I own nearly every interchangeable set out there, and I am now officially recommending the Denise set over others, because I just find them SO much easier on the wrists, with their flexible cables. The extreme proof of the Denise's cable flexibility is that the 17" needle length on the Denise set is a total breeze to use, compared to the longer 20" length on other sets, which are all stiff and difficult to manipuate. That's how flexible the cables are. Plus, the Denise set is the only set that can go down to 17", which is a great, handy size, perfect for hats.

And KP, if you don't like them, you can return them, no sweat! As long as they're in new shape still, it's fine with me.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #12
Friskums

Arg! Wish this had been up before I bought my second set.

Hmmm....I suppose I could give one of the other sets to someone else... :thinking:
Old 05-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #13
SoapDoc
1st Leg of the Journey

Oh, Amy! Those are lovely!! When/if I ever go there, I am going with the colored ones for sure!! Great job!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #14
mulene
Working the Gusset

man, those are the bees knees!!!!! *drool* gosh... I need more paypackets and I have to think of a way to persuade myself its ok to get more needles

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #15
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Yay me!!
Woohoo, my boyfriend and I talked it over and even though he previously said no more knitting needles, yarn or notions :rollseyes: He said he wouldn't get mad if I bought them However he said if I don't like them I better be able to take them back :rofling: unlike last time. When I asssured him Amy said I could he was so pleased..Thanks Amy ..oh and I just ordered a set

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....
but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*KnitPixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #16
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
KP!!!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #17
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

congrats KnitPixie!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #18
Sue Madelin
Knitting the Flap

No fair! :crying: I want pretty coloured Denises too!

Will you consider setting up a dyeing service for all us poor people who already have a set of boring old grey Denises? :D

They look fab! You are very, very clever!
Crochet Jumper
Monkey socks from Knitty

Up Next:-
Some socks with my beautiful yarns from Angelia

Recent WIPs:-
Sahara in Tilli Thomas Pure and Simple and Rock Star in colour Hope
My variation on the Anthropologie Capelet
A cabled hand bag for my friend (Still awaiting some bamboo handles!)
Sue Madelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:08 AM   #19
Celine
Turning the Heel

I'll kee[ these in mind
I do not as yet own a set of needles like this. But I will certainly keep them in mind if I decide to buy any. So pretty!! :XX: :XX:
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Originally Posted by Sue Madelin
Will you consider setting up a dyeing service for all us poor people who already have a set of boring old grey Denises? :D
Actually, I was considering it. But I've decided not to, because most of my profit is made from the sale of the new needles, not from the coloring improvement, so I'd have to charge more than would be reasonable for just coloring. It's a better deal for both of us if you do the following:

I recommend ordering a new set from me, and selling your other needles. You can do the color upgrade for a $20 cost to you.

Here's the cost outline:
Order from me for $64.95, that includes US or Canada shipping.
Sell your other needles, you can get $45 plus shipping for them on eBay, here's how: Sell the brand new needle case and cables I send you, with the Denise literature, just swap in your un-colored needles. Denise needle tips only improve with wear (unless you let your dog chew on them or something), so I think you can with good conscience sell that described as a brand new set, just clean those needle tips well.

It used to be that Denise needles sold as low as $39 on eBay, but no more. The Denise needle company is no longer selling wholesale needles to eBay stores who sell the kits below retail value, so you'll see that all the sets on eBay are selling for $49.95, unless it's a rare individual selling their single set. So you can be very competitive by listing your set for $45.

So then the colored needles have cost you $20, and that's better than I can do as a coloring service! Plus, you'll have supported KH, because I'll have made twice the profit than if I just colored the needles for you at that cost to you.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote