Old 08-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #31
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Everyone, please note the "Important New Disclaimer" I've added to the first post of this thread.

For those who have ordered already, I am offering a refund if this raises concerns for you.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-10-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
smeeks
Casting On

Hello everyone and Amy

I'm a brankd new knitter and started looking on the internet for more info and help. I found this site and am absolutely thrilled. I am looking at building my needle collection so I am excited to find these colorful cute needles here! I just ordered a set and am looking forward to getting them. I am hoping that with practise, I'll be able to create some cool knit-stuff!!
smeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #33
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
You will love them!!! Congrats on the purchase!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #34
tiny_miku
Casting On

Got my rainbow :)
Just got mine a couple days ago. It's lovely! I love it so much that I have to show it to my coworkers. I didn't get to try knitting with these needles yet, but hopefully I will soon. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, Amy.
tiny_miku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #35
ann in ma
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm brand new to knitting, (just a couple of weeks) and have 3 sets of bamboo straight needles. Would these be a good investment for me, since I'm just starting out? I've never used flexible needles or circular needles, but it seems that this would save me a lot of money ... what do you think? Should I try out flexible or circular needles first (even though I would probably be duplicating a purchase)?

Thanks,
Ann
newbie from MA
ann in ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #36
Julie
Instepping Out

Ann, I think most here would agree that interchangeables are a great investment! You almost always have the needle you need for any given project. :D

There is a thread on the different kind of interchangeable sets here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...pic.php?t=2062

Each set has its own pros and cons. Hope that helps!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #37
Sarahc409
Ribbing the Cuff

if anyone is interested in selling their used colorless/grey denise's i might be interested. i already own the boye set and would love to have the denise set but hubby will kill me if i pay full price for another set.

sarah
Sarahc409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #38
smeeks
Casting On

Buying my Second Set
I've been using my Rainbow Colored Denise Kit for about 2 months now and I LOVE THEM

Everyone at my SnB loves them too - I have sent ordering info to my LYS to post in their newsletter since I get so many questions about where I got them.

I just ordered my second set today - I'm telling Hubby its an early Xmas Gift to myself!!

I can't wait! - Thanks Amy!!
smeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #39
BloomKitty
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to BloomKitty Send a message via Yahoo to BloomKitty
Just ordered mine!
I have a set of the plain, uncolored Denise needles, and I love them. I've found that I sometimes have so many projects on the needles that I still need more, and so when I saw the rainbow versions, well, gotta have them! Now will the new size 17 and 19 tips be available in colors at some point?

-Mary
Old 11-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #40
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Smeeks, that's so great!! Thanks for your second order, and for the publicity!

Mary, I have no plan to offer the tips at this time. I appreciate your interest though, perhaps if I get enough requests.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote