Old 05-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

"Lucky" Lace Wrap (S 'n B Nation)...anyone?
I've seen quite a few people mentioning/thinking of making this lately. I've just started it. Anyone interested in a knit along?? You can see a picture of the top here , you have to click on the 'forward' button until it comes up, and this is the nicest FO of the pattern I've seen, just scroll down a tiny ways on the page and you'll see it. It's gorgeous.

Anyways, I've started and am planning to make a cap sleeve version instead of long sleeves. It is slow going, small needles and thin yarn, but a really lovely lace pattern and nice and feminine. I am doing it in PINK :D

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
Friskums

I'm planning on making this soon. It's not needed until christmas, but there's no sense in not planning.

I wanna get Starsky done first though. I think I need to go order some yarn anyway.
So, I'm in....when I get to it. ^_^

Now to decide on a color... :thinking:
Old 05-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

And here I am, doing this project to get out of finishing Starsky! :rollseyes: I'll finish it eventually, I just need a break!

And just so you know, I've been working on it for 2 days now, quite a bit of knitting, and have only gotten about 5 inches done on the back piece. The small needles take forever, it seems, so I'd say it's not too early to start! :D
Old 05-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
My roommate's working on one of those in red.
I don't need to start a new project on tiny needles, but I might if I find some good yarn. I want to make a GREEN one.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Danielle
Working the Gusset

I was looking at this pattern last night. It is so pretty! I might join in on this one. What yarn are you using? Is there a knitpicks yarn that would work for it I wonder? I'll have to go check the gauge in my book. :D

OTN: nothing :(
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
Friskums

Originally Posted by knitqueen
And just so you know, I've been working on it for 2 days now, quite a bit of knitting, and have only gotten about 5 inches done on the back piece. The small needles take forever, it seems, so I'd say it's not too early to start! :D
Yikes. Well, I don't have any projects due for July or August so I figured that's when I'm going to start on my Christmas projects.

Hopefully 4 or 5 months will be enough time.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
Friskums

She has Rowan 4 ply cotton for sale at $4.00 a ball.

I just bought my yarn for Lucky. Decided to go with a nice light color since the pattern is pretty light too. (To me anyway.) Color is Ripple. My step mom likes blue, but so does my dad and between the two of them, I'm blue'd out! (Ironically, that's our last name too.)

[Edited to add: Oh, ****. Just realized I don't have any size 3 needles. Perhaps I'll visit this Jeff fellow everyone keeps talking about. ]
Old 05-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

I am so sad that I can't afford good yarn :( . I'm using acrylic for this one. I'm not an acrylic hater, in fact there are some that I quite like, this one is a baby yarn, Bernat Softee Baby, I have used it before (in fact what I'm using for this project is the scads I had leftover from my last project!) and I really like it. It's not a cottony, summery feel, but it's soft and cozy and will be nice for those cooler summer days.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #9
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
Forget green. If I could afford $50 to knit a sweater right now, I'd do it in this!

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #10
Friskums

Hehehe... I almost went with that color. But...my stepmom's just not a yellow person.