Old 05-20-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
bchan
Casting On

Reverse Shaping - Baby Kimono style sweater
I've read the reverse shaping posts, but I'm still confused. I've finished the left side and it's beginning to look like a sweater (I'm a complete newbie, and this my first non-scarf).

THe right front and sleeve instructions says:
Place right sleeve and right front sts on needle (they were on a stitch holder, after binding off the neck area) and [/b]work to correspond to left front and sleeve, revering shape

What does mean? I did the following on the Left front and sleeve:
Next row: RS: Sl 1 wyib, k to end.
Next row: WS: SL 1 wyif, pass yarn to back, k2, p to marker (there was a marker from before), k3
Repeat these 2 rows twice more, ending on WS at neck edge.
Next row: RS: Sl1 wyib, K2 (neck border), inc 1 in each of next 2 sts, k to end.
Next row: WS: Sl1, wif, SL1 , pass yarn to back, k2, p to last 3 sts, k3 (there is a marker with these 3 stitches)
Repeat last 2 rows, increasing 2 sts after neck border as before on RS rows, until sleeve measures 7" from sleeve cast-on sts, ending with RS row at sleeve cuff.

How do I reverse this? Does mean, where it says knit to end, do I purl to end?

I'm all ready to finish this sweater, but there's still stuff to do.
bchan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!