Old 05-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
phyllisnilson
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to phyllisnilson
How to number rows to increase at correct time.
Hello All!
Been ages since I have posted! Knitting a Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk cardigan make in one piece. Have just finished the first cuff and starting to increase for sleeve. Pattern says: work in st st beg w/ k row. Inc one st at each end of 5th row and every following 7th row until 68 sts. So, I get the first 2 inc sts.on inc at beg. and end of row)on row 5, now do I increase again in 2 rows(7th row from beginning) or do I count another 7 rows(12th row from beg), increase, then start counting over again at 1, increase at 5 and again at 12... or do I increase at rows 5, 12, 19, 26 etc. and it is true that I increase 2 sts per increase row right?
I couldn't knit w/o all of you....you are the greatest....knowing you all are there for me, I never hesitate to do any pattern; someone will know how.
"It takes a village to knit a sweater"
Phyllis

"It Takes a Village to Knit a ________!" Sweater
phyllisnilson is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
horve1
Turning the Heel

I think you do your increases on row 5, then 12, 19, 26... But you may want to wait for the wiser ones among us for a more positive answer.
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
You got it.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
phyllisnilson
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to phyllisnilson
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :D

"It Takes a Village to Knit a ________!" Sweater
phyllisnilson is offline   Reply With Quote