Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Knitting World Cup...
okay i didn't officially participate in the Knitting Olympics cuz i wasn't sure if i would be able to get anything done during that time but i think i would want t play for the world cup (heck i can get just about anything done in a MONTH! :rofling: ) I saw Rebecca mention it but when i went to search for a thread on here (besides the yarn monkey site) for it the search came back with 330 posts that mentioned World Cup.... and none of them seemed to be the same thread.

soooo is there a thread i missed somewhere? if there is i will happily go there and just delete this one to avoid confusion!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
Julie
Instepping Out

I don't remember seeing it here...but there's more info at http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/
and http://www.knittingworldcup.blogspot.com/
Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I didn't official join the olympics either kinda did it on my own but last night I seen Becka's post under the June KAL (I think ) and have been thinking about it.. although I have no idea what I'd pick to do... :thinking:

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I'm sorry guys..I should have posted more info I joined the one that the YarnMonkey started, I didn't know about the other one. Here's the deal, you begin your project on June 9...it's associated with a soccer tourny, right?!...and go thru July 9 in the hope that you will finish your project in this month. It's much like the Knitting Olympics which I wasn't able to participate in bc I was far too ill, this sounds like it will be a blast
So.....who's gonna join with us?! We'll have fun...LOL, now I must finish what I'm working on so I can concentrate on the Lady Eleanor wrap....wish me luck and I'll do the same for you

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
AnreeAce
Grafting the Toe

I really want to join this. I'm franticallly working my way through a gauge swatch to see if I can do my first sweater. If that doesn't work, I'll do the Candle Flame Shawl for my mother... even if I can't get it done, it'll still be a lot of work on a big project!

Who else??

I believe in a life of Virtuous Sloth, but it sounds so much better in Latin: otium cum dignitate, leisure with dignity.
AnreeAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #6
mulene
Working the Gusset

I've signed up. Mia shrug comes to mind. I started it and it does need frogging. I'll start again for the cup!

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

This will be fun

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #8
skNYC
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to skNYC Send a message via Yahoo to skNYC
What is Knitting Olympics ? Do you actually get together and see who get to the finish line first?
skNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #9
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

The Knitting Olympics went on during the Olympics..the deal was, you pick a challenging project & finish it during the Olympics. the Knitting World Cup is the same thing, pick a challenging project to knit during the time frame from June 9-July 10.
I had to change my project...I had originally picked Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style, but (I'm hanging my head in shame ) I had completely lost track of the time & my granddaughter's third bday is in July...so, I'm not Team Summer Ensemble. I am (hoping) to knit Knit and Tonic's GFSwing coat sweater and 2 Snort Short GF tanks for Allysa. I bought the pattern, the yarn for the 2 tops (Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece for 1 and Wick for another) and have to get the yarn for the jacket, I'm thinking Cotton Tots of something sturdy for a 3 yr old.
Anyone else entering?

Whimsical Knitting

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I love the Swing Coat I knitted one for Roo it was so fast to do I love her patterns.. This Friday I am going to buy Jan and the yarn ... I also did the short snort tank its so cute you will love it.. have you looked at the crumpets tank too? she posts about it but its from another site... suppose to be a dress but I only had enough shine for a tank... http://www.chiagu.com/crumpets.html

I just got this pattern and I think I'm going to do it for the world cup.. although I also got this one and it would be a challenge cause the chart for the skirt scares me... :rofling: but I already have the yarn and everything for the shawl so it will prolly be that.. I just need to sign up now :rofling:

edited for spelling and so that it makes sense need to stop typing like I talk :rofling: :rofling:

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote