Old 06-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #21

Oh, I thought you meant it was like a heating pad for your wrists. On knitty.com they have a pattern for wrist warmers is this what you meant???

http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter02/PATTvoodoo.html

Does it help the top of your hand and fingers too???

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #22
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
Yeap, that's more or less how it goes. Follow that pattern, but add extra rows/inches until you reach the elbow.
Keeping the joints of your arm and hand warm helps reduce the pain.

It should help the top of your hand.

For finger pain, I don't have much in the way of advice. The pain in mine comes from a mixture of typing too much, crocheting too much and too much martial arts.

I suggest you knit in short periods during the day. Do other things in between.

Do you do your dishes with warm/hot water? I find it relaxing for the joints in my hand to sink them in warm/hot water. And since I have to do the dishes anwyay, I used it as a king of "mini hand massage" (yeah, I know it's nuts).

I also know that one exercise to add strength to the fingers when you're doing martial arts (or massage therapy, works for both, hehe) is rice.
I keep mine in a large tub, because I eat a lot of it, so it's easier to do this. Grab a handful of rice and squeeze lightly. Release the handful, repeat. Do a few repeats with each hand. Some people do it with cooked rice, but that's too much of a waste for me.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #23
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,906 Posts
My left wrist is ALWAYS numb and tingly from knitting, spinning, computers, piano and organ. I'm always using my hands, so it never gets a rest. My right arm has no trouble at all though. Weird.

If I can't stand the pain anymore, I'll take Tylenol Arthritis Pain or Ibuprofen, and wear my HANDEZE support gloves.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	handeze.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	28130  
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #24
thisisme7899
Ribbing the Cuff

Throbbing hand
I have had this sooo many times that it isn't funny! I also have a "disease" in my hand that is called severs ( I have no clue how to spell it) that makes my bones grown faster then my tendons, so they stretch out. This is really painful, and still, I just can't make myself put down the needles. My mom tells me that doing this is going to make some major problems for me later, but do i listen? NOPE!
thisisme7899 is offline   Reply With Quote