OK, so to add buttons (please excuse me if I explain things too much - I just want to make sure you're understanding me):
((***I just saw that you already have the KH swapper button on your site, so skip to the directions on how to put it on your blog below. You already have your button saved on blogger.***))
- Find a button that you want and save it to a server. A lot of folks use Photobucket
. Basically, you use these to save the pictures you want so that people on the internet can see them. So, let's say you want this button:
- You're going to right-click on this picture and click on "SAVE IMAGE AS"
Save this wherever you want - I usually use a folder on my desktop so that it's all in one place.
- Go to Photobucket and load your picture. Photobucket will give you directions on how to do this. Your button is now loaded and ready for you to put it on your blog.
To put it on your blog:
- Click on your TEMPLATE tab to see the code for your page. It'll look like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.
- Scroll down to the bottom until you see this:
(those four lines are the code that contain the stuff in your sidebar like your profile, archives, and that 'powered by blogger' button)
- You'll be adding a line for Links (or Buttons, or Things, or whatever you want to call it. Make it yours.)
- You're going to place the code between these two lines:
<h2 class="sidebar-title">Previous Posts</h2>
- OK, so after the "End #profile", press Enter, and add this line:
((**You don't have to use "buttons"- name it whatever you want. This title will show on your blog, just like "Archives" and "Previous Posts" does.))
- Take a deep breath...you just added a new section to your sidebar!!!
- Now, to add the button:
- Press Enter again.
- add this line:
((The "a href" is the code to the LINK to the KH swappers page. The "img src" is the code to the BUTTON for the KH swappers that's already saved to your blog. I found this by right-clicking on the button, going to PROPERTIES, and highlight and copy the ADDRESS/URL. The "/a" and "/li" just close the code, telling us that you're done with this line.))
- Press ENTER again.
- Add [/list]
- Click "SAVE TEMPLATE CHANGES" and then republish your blog.
That's it, you're done!!
To add more buttons, just follow the instructions above, except when you add the code for the button, you'll change it to match the location of your new picture. You'll put the new lines BEFORE the[/list]. You don't need to add[/list]again...one is all you need.
[*][img]the address for you button[/img]
Clear as mud?
Let me know if it doesn't work.