Old 05-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #1
horve1
Turning the Heel

knit flowers?
I'm looking for patterns for 3-d flowers. I did a felted bowl/vase kind of thing, and would like to put knit flowers in it. I'm pretty sure I can handle leaves, and the stems could be i-cords with wire or pipe cleaners through them, but the flowers themselves... I have one pattern that's a sort of applique onto a pillow that could probably be used, but I'd like a variety. Any suggestions?
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
Louine
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to Louine
Check them out here...
You might want to check with Knitting Pattern Central, since they are free and easily downloaded and usually have good pictures to show the finished product.

I have done some of the knitted flowers however, I usually use crochet patterns when I do flowers....somehow it is faster and I can finish quick with embellishments and get back to knitting.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
horve1
Turning the Heel

Thanks much, Louine. I've got to bookmark that site. (As a matter of fact, just did. ) I've been referred there a couple of times, found things I've used, and had to be sent there again. You'd think I'd have "gotten it" by now. Oh, well. Better late than never. :D :XX:
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
Old 05-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #4
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I agree, knittingpatterncentral has a great selection. I used the felted rose & leaf for my Booga bag

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
Celine
Turning the Heel

Spin magazine
I just received the latest "Yarnworks" catalog and on the cover are some beautiful knit felted flowers!! Just beautiful.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
bethie
Ribbing the Cuff

I just bought the new spring/summer issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting. Overall the magazine was a bummer. However, there was one page in the magazine devoted to making posies (pansies) by knitting. It didn't seem to complicated, it was done on regular needles.
bethie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
horve1
Turning the Heel

:D Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help!

Old 05-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
we were talking about his over on the "whatcha knittin" board and someone pointed out these cool Noni patterns (you can get just the flower pattern, don't have to get the bag) and there are also these in pattern only or kit that comes with everything you need to make the flower.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #9
horve1
Turning the Heel

Kemp - Thanks! Some very pretty ones.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #10
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

:D Uh oh...I love the kit flowers :D Now, I must decide how to use them...perhaps a scarf with a vine & varied flowers....all felted

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote