Old 06-24-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
EssenceRose
Knitting the Flap

Your other hobbies??
Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?

I'm an avid scrapbooker and have been for many many years. I also crochet a tiny bit (my step mother is REALLY great at it). I've tried my hand at candle making, cross stitch, and also a few other little things (such as spool knitting), but my two main "hobbies" are scrapbooking and more recently -- knitting.

Do you have any others?

On the hook! - Fan Bookmark Scarf , Friendship Doily, Fan Bookmark

Rantings of a Crazed Woman!

EssenceRose is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #2
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
I just picked up knitting, so I could file that under "recent acquisition".

As for others....reading, writing, cooking, crocheting, drawing, tattoo designing, mask making, basic web design, stage and voice acting. And although it is more a discipline than a hobby per se, I did martial arts for a few years.

I would looooove to learn beading, scrapbooking and woodworking
Old 06-24-2006, 01:45 AM   #3
knitaddict
Turning the Heel

I've been cross stitching for over 16 years. For all that time it was my main passion. Since teaching myself to knit, it's taken over.

I also do feltwork, some scrapping (although not often at all), stamping, card making and more. I've done a few floral things, but it's not my strong point so I tend to not do it often.

Other than crafting, my "hobby" is reading. Ds & I visit the library once a week and I always take out at least 5-7 books. I even read when I am knitting! lol
Old 06-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #4
sfavereau
Knitting the Flap

For a long time, messing around with computers and computer games were my "hobbies". Then I got a job in the IT field and didn't want anything to do with computers in my free time. Then I picked up quilting and did that for a couple years. Now, I found knitting...

The other day, DH asked me why I didn't quilt so much any more. After thinking about it for awhile, I realized that it was because I can't quilt with my friends. Since we've moved, all my friends are from my wonderful knit group. Knit group meets officially 2x week and unofficially whenever a couple of us have nothing else to do. It's so easy to grab my knitting bag and run down to the LYS when a friend calls. How could I do that with quilting? LOL

My blog
sfavereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:21 AM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,781 Times in 7,145 Posts
and

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:33 AM   #6
GrandmaLori
Knitting the Flap

Your Other Hobbies??
I loved to do cross stitch, but after my cataract surgery, I have trouble seeing well enough. I' was only 42, got cataracts in both eyes and had to have them done. If I'd lived a generation or two ago, I'd be visually impaired or blind now, so I'm not complaining. I do love to play piano duets, if I can find someone who can KEEP UP with me!!!! My daughter is getting close.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:21 AM   #7
EssenceRose
Knitting the Flap

sfavereau, I'm the same. I used to love playing around with the computer but since I got my degree in IT and actually started working in the field, I no longer have any desire to do anything at all with my computer at home. lol

I admit that I still do a bit of graphic design/web design and whatnot but that's about as far as it goes anymore.

On the hook! - Fan Bookmark Scarf , Friendship Doily, Fan Bookmark

Rantings of a Crazed Woman!

EssenceRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #8
Lana
Turning the Heel

You say: "5 months until I arrive home in Wisconsin!"

Where in WI? I'm only about an hour south of the state line.

I was an avid sewer/taylor 'til my back said no more sitting at the sewing machine. Sewing for daughters was wonderful. Even pants and dress shirts for hubby.

I started bird watching 20 years ago. Hiking is no longer an option, but we did a lot of landscaping to attract birds to our yard and it's a hobby easily done from the deck or window now.

I garden to attract butterflies and their larva. Hummingbirds like the same flowers.

I crochet too, but that's harder on the wrists, so I always have a knitting project going.

Oh yeah, I have a modest doll collection. My favorites are my German made dolls. I like to knit for the dolls, as they don't out grow their knits, get dirty (only dusty) and no "spit up".
Old 06-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #9
nicolethegeek
Instepping Out

I have quite a few hobbies. Mainly I tend to knit and crochet though. I enjoy scrapbooking and sewing, so those are the two you will usually find me doing if I don't have a needle or hook in my hand. Other pasttimes are the computer, and math/logic puzzles... and watching LOTS of CSI.

Nicole's Crochet Bistro
NCB/The Purl in the Oyster {patterns & stitch markers}
The Purl in the Oyster {my blog}

Year of the Sweater KAL: Pinwheel Top {Skacel Yarn Ad Sweater} in two strands of Sirdar Denim Chunky {just needs seaming}
Current UFO Extermination Project: Homespun sweater coat {frogged and being reknit}
nicolethegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #10
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I have tried almost every craft out there lol but knitting is the only one I've stayed with and will finish most things I start.. I use to sell my emboridery work at a local shop and that burnt me out on it.. I like to craft when I want too.. not sitting up half the night to meet a quota lol.. I've tried cross stitch, crochet, quilting (my mom's favorite hobby), I like to coffe dye items and create new things.. by taking one thing and coming up with a decorative purpose with it.. I've tried melting spoons into shapes.. till dh got worried about me using the stove and the house :rofling: ... tried plastic canvas, latch hooking, drawing.. painting...

I also like to read and watch classic movies..

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote