Old 06-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

"Hoody" Cape/Shawl/Shrug
Has anyone ever seen a pattern for something like this?

Mom's always cold in the winter (even though she's got her heat turned up to god knows what! I have to peel down to a t-shirt...)

Anyway thought I'd make her something she could put over her shoulders that had a loose "hoodie" on it, as that's what she does...puts a blanket over her head & draped over her shoulders.

Any help much appreciated.

Diane

:XX:

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
spooky
Knitting the Flap

http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0147.htm
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/...tml?noImages=0

I found a poncho with a hood. I am thinking you would probably rather do a cape (or cloak) with a hood. Seems like that would be more like draping a blanket around your body. But for the life of me I can not find a cloak pattern. I just searched the net for 40 minutes (cuz I wouldn't mind doing one for myself lol) and I came up with bupkis.

Maybe the poncho will lead you in the right direction.

What about a bathrobe with a hood ?
Old 06-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
smartcat
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to smartcat
Have you looked at this post/pattern http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ic.php?t=14417

It is for a spiral sweater/shrug, but the collar is supposed to be generous enough to throw over your head if you desire it.
smartcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

THANKS so much ladies!

That pinwheel looks very intriguing...but I like the first one too...decisions, decisions...

You guys are the best!

Diane

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote