Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #41
IndianPrincessSIP
Knitting the Flap

Absolutely cool.
But I would offer this up for you to think about. We were admonished to go and procreate. (If you are a Biblical believer) We are predisposed to want children. It really is who we are. Our purpose in life.

It is also our purpose in life to eat. We must, to continue for these wonderful machines we call our body to survive we Must Eat! But if we eat to excess we become obese, with all of the obivious problems associated with that. If we don't curb the desire to eat nothing but icecream every waking moment of every day we will end up becoming obese.

It's called temperance.
We as a society do not need to go forth and poplulate the world. It is.
We as a society may lean on the excuse of it being a natural desire to want sex.
Sex is good. It feels good to have it, it was created thusly. But we can make a choice to temper it. It doesn't have to be the main focus of our life.

We can just say no.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #42
carollovesyarn
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to carollovesyarn
Originally Posted by IndianPrincessSIP
Carol~
Am I advocating an about face of morality? Yes, am I advocating no sex until marriage? In a perfect world yes, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, and my perfect world ideal may not be yours. What I am advocating is responsible behavior.

Abstinience and I will not be swayed is the answer to these sexual preditoristic diseases. It only makes sense. Don't do it, you won't get it. Be sure of your partner, make sure he/she isn't predisposed to casual sex.

Do I really believe that the world will follow 100 Percent Abstinence?
Why is it any different than the ficticious scenarios I put forth formerly? Why is sex so galdern important? Do you really think that you would shrival up and die if you don't have sex?
Is the only form of non-casual sex, that which occurs within marriage? If you believe that, then we will never agree on 'morally righteous sex'.

So as a separate point, do you think the vaccine should not be allowed at all, or are you just saying that in your perfect world, it wouldn't be necessary.

Oh, and by the way, in the past 7 years or so I don't feel that I've shriveled up at all. Thanks for making this about me.

In the Wings: felted clogs, socks

Recent FO: dishcloth for swap, booties for cousins babe

KALs: Grannie Smith, Monthly Dishcloths, Mason-Dixon
Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #43
IndianPrincessSIP
Knitting the Flap

I didn't have any intention of making this about you, and when I read back over my post I almost edited, thinking I had worded that incorrectly. I apologize, I should have been more careful in my wording. I completely understand your offense taken. It was rude of me.

That said, responsible sex is really all I am advocating.
Honest
Just people being friggin responsible, taking to heart, the simple do unto others rule.
I am also saying that if my daughter is to offered up as a 'testing' ground, someone better damn well be sure that this thing works. And I am saying that people should ask the questions, just like here and now.

I am asking, why is it so hard to grasp that abstinience is viable?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #44
carollovesyarn
Turning the Heel

That said, responsible sex is really all I am advocating.
Honest
Just people being friggin responsible, taking to heart, the simple do unto others rule.
I am also saying that if my daughter is to offered up as a 'testing' ground, someone better damn well be sure that this thing works. And I am saying that people should ask the questions, just like here and now.

I am asking, why is it so hard to grasp that abstinience is viable?
I accept your apology, but I was only trying to make a point that blanket assumptions are essentially a blanket over one's head.

I agree that people are selfish and this selfishness may come at the cost of another's life.

Testing ground? No medicine is ever guaranteed. Medicine is not a perfect science. It is always trial and error. I believe that parents have the right to refuse this vaccine for their children, so please don't allow your disapproval of it to hold it back.

I really don't think the argument for abstinence and the argument against this vaccine go hand in hand. I really think they are two separate issues. The argument for abstinence does not also support the argument against this vaccine. The argument for this vaccine does not in turn support the argument for casual sex. The argument for this vaccine supports life.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #45
IndianPrincessSIP
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
I really don't think the argument for abstinence and the argument against this vaccine go hand in hand. I really think they are two separate issues. The argument for abstinence does not also support the argument against this vaccine. The argument for this vaccine does not in turn support the argument for casual sex. The argument for this vaccine supports life
The argument for this vaccine supports life.
As does the argument for abstinence.
Casual sex is a killer
Stop having it.
I am neither for nor against this vaccine in particular. Honestly I am learning as we go, and have learned quite a bit right here in this thread. What I am against is the ideal that this vaccine will cleanse us all from these horrible diseases. Protect our children forever. I think that is misleading, as facts put forth before.

I cannot stop alone the progress of medicine. Nor would I want to even substantiate having the capability of doing so, and why in heavens name would I? I am just one person, asking why people have a hard time understanding that not having sex is the answer to stopping sexual diseases. Why is it that ?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #46
haloheaven
Casting On

Yes, I'll vaccinate my children dear government who spys on us illegally, declares "free-speech zones", eminant domain , incarceration without trial etc.
Yes, sir I'll do everything you say, dear government who still refuses to acknowledge that most Autism is caused by vaccination.
People, for the love of god, do not vaccinate your children with this! It's just propaganda...
Old 06-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #47
carollovesyarn
Turning the Heel

The argument for this vaccine supports life. What I am against is the ideal that this vaccine will cleanse us all from these horrible diseases. Protect our children forever. I think that is misleading, as facts put forth before.
What 'facts' were those? Who said this vaccine will cleanse us all from horrible diseases? Who said that children will be protected forever? I didn't quote everything I have read, but in fact it has been stated in news and medical sources that it is unknown how long the effects of this vaccine will last and that this vaccine is not a blanket cure for all causes of cervical cancer. I don't think anyone here mentioned any other diseases.

Quote:
I cannot stop alone the progress of medicine. Nor would I want to even substantiate having the capability of doing so, and why in heavens name would I? I am just one person, asking why people have a hard time understanding that not having sex is the answer to stopping sexual diseases. Why is it that ?
Understanding this will not make it so. You can not realistically expect people to understand this and then behavior will follow absolutely and 100%. Your initial post was lamenting the celebration of the vaccine, not asking why everyone doesn't believe as you do, that abstinence will eradicate all STDs. It seems you are arguing that in a perfect world, this vaccine wouldn't be necessary.

Well, this world is not perfect. And I hope that your daughter can grow up free from the pressure to be perfect, because that kind of pressure is not healthy, whether self imposed or religiously indoctrinated.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #48
IndianPrincessSIP
Knitting the Flap

Now you are making it personal, with insinuations that I inflict a 'religious' legality on my children. My turn to get bristled. touche

Religion aside.

Quote:
it is unknown how long the effects of this vaccine will last and that this vaccine is not a blanket cure for all causes of cervical cancer
Good we got that clearly understood.

Quote:
Your initial post was lamenting the celebration of the vaccine, not asking why everyone doesn't believe as you do, that abstinence will eradicate all STDs. It seems you are arguing that in a perfect world, this vaccine wouldn't be necessary.
Of course I understand that everyone will not believe as I do that abstinence will eradicate all STDs, why would they, it's only the truth, in a perfect or unperfect world.

By the 'Celebration' of this vaccine in many of the posters responses on this thread it is obvious there has been placed a great deal of hope in this capability, and by the fact that I have been told over and over again that abstinence is in no way a viable option, there really are no other words that I can mutter into the universe to anymore clearly state that, if you don't have unprotected casual sex you won't get STD's.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #49
misstialouise
Working the Gusset

That's not entirely true.

HIV can be contracted by sharing needles.

Hep B & C can be contracted when travelling overseas without proper precautions to food and water intake, and hygene..

NOT all "STD's" are contracted by having sex. It's just the easiest way to spread them.

Again, you're ignoring the sicko's out there who rape and molest our children, women & men... as much as we'd like to ignore it, THIS is a bigger problem than casual sex.

Version: 1.1
KCR++ Exp+ SPM+ *Options+++ Addi+ Wood+ Cas+ Cot++ Wool+++ Lux++ Hemp++ Nov+ Stash++ Scale+ Fin+ Ent Lace++ Tex++ Felt+++ Flat Circ+++ DPN ML2 Swatch+ KIP Blog SNB GaugeDK(F) WIP+(++) ALTSw+Sp+Cr+X

------END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK------

On my Options:
Drake the Dreaded Dragon Backpack - girly version for my niece for Christmas

I'M IN !! I'm vintagegrrl on Ravelry
Old 06-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #50
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
If you could do it, how would you propose we stop everybody in the world from having unprotected sex?